Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 08-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
veen

veen is on a distinguished road
Hey I spend a lot of time MUDding and Id love it to find a BIG game-
not big playerbase, but big world
or universe if you wanna go sci-fi

so what would you say is the biggest MUD out there?
veen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
Fern

Fern is on a distinguished road
err.. number of rooms, number of mobs, number of objects, number of areas, world dimensions.. what?
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #3
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
What sort of MUD are you looking for? PK? Hack-and-Slash? Role-Play Encouraged? Role-Play Enforced? Role-Play Intensive?
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:01 AM   #4
Emil

Emil is on a distinguished road
I think the OP was asking for size of the world, nothing else. RP, PK etc. isn't really relevant in that context.

As for the size of the world, it of course depends on whether you count grids. There is a number of Muds out there with very large Wilderness Grids, Lensmoor is the first that comes to mind, but there are many others.

There are also those that take a different approach and have disposed of rooms altogether, working with x,y,z coordinates and dynamically generated descriptions instead, based on the player's actions. Godwars II is the best example of that principle.

If what you mean is traditional rooms with individual, 'handwritten' descs, I'd say that 4 Dimensions has one of the largest all original worlds I've seen, 200 zones with over 70,000 rooms, of which over 60,000 have individual descs.

There was a thread on this subject less than a month ago on Mud Connector. I don't know how to make links, but it is on their general Board, and the subject is 'Simple Room Survey'.
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:59 AM   #5
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
A PK MUD can be hard to explore without getting one's ass handed to them. There are some very large RP MUDs but if he's not interested in RP, it wouldn't be a good idea to suggest them to him since I doubt those MUDs would appreciate a non-RPer on their game if he has any thoughts of just H&Sing everything eventually.

Hence my request for clarification.
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #6
Kyandra

Kyandra is on a distinguished road
I think the clarification was a logical one. Different muds have different strengths and what one likes another doesn't.

If you are a true Bartles Explorer, I welcome you to try Avatar. () (avatar.outland.org: 3000). Some of these places sound larger than we are, but we pride ourselves on variety and something for almost everyone.

We don't have as many areas as that one someone mentioned, but most of ours are unique, and we're just now celebrating 11 years and growing.
Kyandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Biggest Origional MUD out there - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
whats your biggest mud requirement? Adonis Advertising for Staff 8 11-01-2002 07:53 PM
whats your biggest mud requirement? Adonis Advertising for Staff 7 07-27-2002 06:32 PM