Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 11-06-2003, 06:08 PM   #1
Sojourn

Sojourn is on a distinguished road
Angry

We are looking for people that can build areas with a bit of continuity and life. All areas must be original and we have very strict rules regarding length of descriptions, tone of content (as far as profanity, etc.), and repetition.

With that said, we do not stifle creativity of any type and our world is extensive enough to accomodate almost any of area or idea that could fit into a Medeival world setting.

While I cannot discuss the exacts of our game, please take the time to contact me via email and your questions can be addressed there:

Sojourn to the truth.
Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 07:20 PM   #2
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Well I guess I'm disqualified from eligibility. I'm a fake builder, not a true one.

>Jazuela builds fake things - extremely well.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:20 PM   #3
Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca is an unknown quantity at this point
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 04:37 PM   #4
Sojourn

Creativity has nothing to do with length of description, lack of description does. Adult content has nothing to do with creativity, the law does. Repetition has nothing to do with creativity it has something to do with lack of creativity. (mazes and/or vast open lands are exceptions)

I understand why you builders choose to respond pseudo-negatively to the post, either you feel you are the top of the foodchain and feel none has the ability to question your talent. Or you realize you aren't that good and I've offended you.

Either way this post was not made for you, as you both obviously already have positions, it was made for those builders who require a new station. Go and appease your boredom elsewhere, thank you.

Sojourn to the truth.
Old 11-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #5
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Actually Sojourn, none of the above. I just saw the subject heading and it struck a funnybone.

Like..TRUE builders, as opposed to FALSE builders, wanted.

like..

True value hardware store, which shouldn't be confused with False value hardware store, you know, that store on the other side of town.

Or maybe I thought it was just a very pompous thing for you to write as a subject heading, implying that only elitist builders who know what a "real" builder is like should bother applying, everyone else should accept their obvious inferiority and go elsewhere.

I'm not a builder by the way. It was just one of those odd topic headings that screamed "POST A SARCASTIC RESPONSE!" to me. I'm a little quirky like that.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:01 PM   #6
Spazmatic

Spazmatic is on a distinguished road
Spazmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:02 AM   #7
Sojourn

Angry

Actually, not to say your methods aren't "right", but I find that brutal coldness literally brings the cream to the top.  I wouldn't be surprised that if any of you that posted actually built, that you're phenomenal at what you do.  

How do I know that?  Simple.

A True builder isn't someone looking for "practice experience", they aren't people that make one description and repeats them a million times.  They aren't people that show up for three weeks and then vanishes.

A "False" builder as you have aptly named them will see this post heading, perhaps read the content and then move on.  Of all of the applicants I've received, and yes, I've received many, only three made the cut.

I am not attempting to be arrogant or pompous, I simply do not have time to waste teaching a builder how to create.  Teaching OLC is fine, teaching them why "you" or "your" shouldn't be in descriptions because it forces action annoys me.

Time is life, and mine is limited.

Sojourn to the truth.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:21 PM   #8
Azeroth

Azeroth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Azeroth
Greetings!
  Azeroth Urden here.  I just wanted to commend you Sojourn.  With all of the people who troll these boards just to find something of interest to "gossip" about (typically of a level that can be described as AT LEAST a partial flame), you have stood your ground and explained that a high standard does not make you arrogant.  I myself have been looking for the same level of excellence with my project.  You, Sojourn, would probably *not* be surprised by the sheer amount of skillless "builders" I have had replies and applications from.  It appears that the population of twinks in the mudcommunity is on the rise, my hope is that they don't become a majority.  Keep your chin up and your standards high!

Best Wishes,
Azeroth
Azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:27 PM   #9
Xeria

Xeria is on a distinguished road
Hear Hear to that
Xeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:20 PM   #10
Spazmatic

Spazmatic is on a distinguished road
Spazmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 10:07 AM   #11
Sojourn

Angry

Thank you Azeroth, its good to know someone understands what I mean. Through this post I have found some amazing builders, to the point that I learned new ways to do things. That was the goal of the post.

But with that said, if anyone is a builder with more than adequate skill, feel free to email me at:
Old 11-13-2003, 07:49 PM   #12
Iluvatar

Iluvatar is on a distinguished road
I chuckled for at least 15 minutes after reading this. Thanks guys!
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote

Notice for TRUE Builders. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IMPORTANT NOTICE imported_Synozeer Bugs and Suggestions 9 01-24-2004 08:20 AM
Notice for REAL coders. Sojourn Advertising for Staff 16 11-22-2003 12:15 AM
True World Burr Advanced MUD Concepts 10 08-04-2002 06:49 AM
You'll notice the difference right away! Jorana Advertising for Players 1 05-04-2002 11:08 PM
You'll notice the difference right away! Jorana Advertising for Staff 0 05-04-2002 11:06 PM