Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 09-05-2003, 08:24 PM   #1
Ntanel

Ntanel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Ntanel
Job offering number 1:

What I have is a networking library written in Java, suitable for use in building MUDs. It comes with a Telnet based implementation that sends and recieves lines of data. It has some advanced features and a sample MUD test implementation that takes about 3 pages worth of code... so you see that the library is not hard to use. It is tentatively named the "Extensible MUD Framework" or EMF.

What I am looking for is two to four people, each familiar with Java and interested in using this networking library as alpha testers. They will be given access to report bugs through my bug database and will be given updated versions of my code when available. The purpose for this is twofold: to keep me interested in developing and maintaining this, and to provide good feedback with which to eventually produce a high quality, robust networking library to be released to the public.

Just to be clear: I am not releasing source code. Only compiled libraries.

The short of it is:

Looking for Java developers interested in testing an easy to use, robust, event driven networking library specifically designed for use in MUDs. If you're interested, please contact Scion at

Job offering number 2:

MUD coders and builders needed for a 2D MUD project. System specs to run the client and editors are:

Minimum Requirement:
Windows 98/Me/2000/NT 4.0 SP3/XP
DirectX 8.0
Pentium II 300MHz (or equivalent)
64MB RAM
Internet Connection (56kbps Modem)
50MB Hard Disk Space

Recommended System:
Windows 98/Me/2000/NT 4.0 SP3/XP
DirectX 8.0 or Higher
Pentium II 350MHz or Higher
128MB RAM or Higher