Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 07-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
viller

viller is on a distinguished road
MUDs that aren't fighting oriented

Are there any MUDs that aren't all about fighting? There's this game Runescape, I don't play it but I like that you can do all kinds of things in it. I'd like to play a MUD which I could enjoy without battling.
viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
rendekar

rendekar is on a distinguished road
Re: MUDs that aren't fighting oriented

so you're looking for muds that have crafting.. let me give you some examples that I believe may meet your needs:

Armageddon mud
Shadows of Isıldur
Forgotten Kingdoms
New Worlds
The Inquisition RPI
rendekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:55 AM   #3
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Can't say NW has everything you want, as combat is a part of the game. However, the game centers around roleplay and we do have two guilds specifically designed for roleplay and creation only. One is the most powerful even though the characters are by combat definition weak. They are the Merchants who build ships, clan halls, weapons, armour, clothing and run caravans, huge events, and auctions as well as countless other things.

Might or might not be your cup of tea, but you are welcome.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #4
Denisius

Home MUD: Erandia
Denisius is on a distinguished road

Erandia is not fighting oriented. Although there is the option to fight, you can be just as good if not better, than people who fight by simply exploring.

The following link is to our advertisement thread. You can there see most of the key features listed, as well as various links to the game itself, the wiki and the forums.

Denisius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:04 AM   #5
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough

There are lots of things to do in 4 Dimensions except fighting.

You can advance your character in several ways that don't involve killing mobs, for instance Farming, Gardening, Mining, Goldpanning, and - above all - Trading. Each successful trading transaction yields lesser or larger amounts of both Tradepoints and exp. There are Traders all over the realms, but mostly in the Prehistoric Dimension, where there is an extensive trading system in the Aegean Islands and the countries Egypt, Kush and Punt. If you want to be safe from random mobs during your travels, you can use one of the numerous ships available.

For the TradePoints you can buy various items and extras, but also convert the TradePoints to exp or Training sessions. One single TradePoint gives you the same exp that you get from killing a level 35 mob, so it's quite possible to advance in the game solely by trading.

The main way to progress in 4D is however the around 200 built-in zone Quests, which offer a wide variety of entertainment and challenges, mostly not involving the killing of mobs. In 4D talking to the mobs is a much better way to get along than attacking them.

To facilitate your travels and exploring we also provide a number of Maps on our website, together with descriptions of all the zones, including directions of how to get there.

Detailed information about all this and many other things can be found on our website at , under the headings; Quests, Currency, Trading in 4D, Maps, Zones in 4D etc.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #6
viller

viller is on a distinguished road

Thank you for replying. Got some really interesting options I'm going to try out.
viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #7
zhuuraan

zhuuraan is on a distinguished road

I am glad I took a look at this post. I too am looking for some new muds to try and although I don't mind fighting, one of the things I was looking for was alternate methods of advancement besides solely killing. Thx!
zhuuraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about

I'm actually going to go out on a limb and recommend a graphical game here. If you want an interesting game with absolutely no fighting, you should try A Tale in the Desert. Combat isn't even an option.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
Zhiroc

Zhiroc is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure what you might like, but I'll throw out the idea of MUSHes/MUXes/MOOs/MUCKs

They all tend to be heavily into RP, and combat is sometimes completely optional. I'm into the Amber theme myself, and both Road to Amber (, the game's at roadtoamber.com:6250) and the newly reopened Chronicles of Amber (amber.genesismuds.com:8810) have consent-based combat, and a real-time advancement system (i.e. you advance simply by existing).

I've noticed that TMC () tends to be where more of these games list themselves.
Zhiroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #10
tavarilyn

Home MUD: Beleriand MUSH
tavarilyn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tavarilyn

Well, we're not a MUD... we're a MUSH. If you have any interest in the works of JRR Tolkien (ala, the Lord of the Rings), you might want to give us a try. We feature a combat system but are the farthest thing from "combat-oriented" that you can imagine. We -LOVE- to roleplay. I have a post up at so I'm not going to repeat that here. Anyone interested, we also have an entry in the TMS Database... here ().

Please ask if you have questions or connect and ask there. We're Beleriand. And I'm Tavarilyn @ Beleriand. Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Tava @ Bel
tavarilyn is offline   Reply With Quote