Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 07-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
Dracmorair

Dracmorair is on a distinguished road
Exclamation HELP SEARCHING FOR A MUD!

I could have been a couple games. But there at least 5-15 years old. The game could have updated and these features are no longer exist but please please tell me if any these are familiar.

The main features I'm looking for this in this mud(s) are as follows:

-It had a special campaign, you'd get a hint (ie room name) from the commander to find this cave in the world which was generated at an hourly interval. Went to this location, searched the zone and went down into it. You collected "eggs" which were used for all sorts of stats and items. Pretty dangerous place to travel "falling rocks" being top of the list.

-Another feature was caravan trading, where you'd get a group of friends and go out on a trade caravans between cites, some of the best profits you ever seen. You'd buy your own wagon, fill it up and head out. If you lucky you know the commodity price(s). Had to wait for hurricanes and storms with the wheather. Had a nice map feature. On the lookout for bandits, which were pretty hard if you didn't have the levels to deal with them. (ie one of your caravan buddies were at a higher lvl) Requirements: you HAVE to walk to location, no portals.

-The last feature was Quest scrolls, which was a drop from mobs that went to the local zone to kill targets. Or some other npc.

Please please get back to me ASAP if any of these features sound familiar.
You can message me at or leave a message here. I'll be checking back regularly.
Dracmorair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:17 AM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: HELP SEARCHING FOR A MUD!

Wow, never heard of any of that before. But I'm sure someone here has.

The only feature the NW has that is similar is Caravans. These are run by the Merchant Guild and usually between 5 and 20 players join them and it involves different caravaning locations and robbers, bandits, so forth. Quite a fun feature. There are also shipping caravans that involve the high seas and pirates but you'd have to play to learn about that.

Good luck on your search!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:48 AM   #3
Brawndel

Brawndel is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: HELP SEARCHING FOR A MUD!

The mud that you're looking for is called Medievia.

It is a fun game, but I could never get my chars high enough to take advantage of the caravans... and I'm not even sure if they're listed on topmudsites any more... there has been a lot of contraversy over the origin of the foundation medievia code. I would suggest checking out their listing on the mud connecter.

Enjoy

Brawny
Brawndel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:42 AM   #4
Fern

Fern is on a distinguished road

Yep, catacombs, trade runs, quest scrolls, equipment det and hellish weather - definitely Medievia - and Soleil still posts here once in a rare while. I should dig up my hero's login data and go on vacation there for awhile.. it's been, literally, years since I've hauled a wagon from Trellor to Derah.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
Dracmorair

Dracmorair is on a distinguished road

Thanks much.
Dracmorair is offline   Reply With Quote