Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Arya_SW

Name: Arya of SW: Dark Dreams
Home MUD: Star Wars: Dark Dreams
Home MUD: swdarkd.net port 23
Arya_SW is on a distinguished road
New Around Here

So, I'm new to TMS, never heard of it in fact til I started looking for ways to advertise to players that my mush is open and to come and play.

I started cutting my teeth on rpgs when I was 7 years old and my step dad bought a TurboGrafx 16. I loved Keith Courage and the Alpha Zones and Legendary Axe 2 and then began playing with a friend's Ninentendo. I became a fan of TSR's Dragonlance and Forgotten Realm computer games and stuck to mainly fantasy games, but I was an avid fan of horror, sci-fi/fantasy movies too. I could kill hours playing the first and second Dune games and then competed with my brother on Command and Conquer (Tiberian Sun and Red Alert were two of my favs!). Then a friend introduced me to mushing, and while my first attempt was a disaster of bad politics and making the 'wrong' friends, my second attempt was much more fulfilling in story weaving that I came to enjoy in D&D and Shadowrun TT games.

I have gone from a player and grew to be a story weaver, a Faction Head and then a wizard to finally coming up with an idea for a game in the Star Wars genera that I find works very well in terms of a mush setting.

The game that I created was just a musing until some fellow players began telling me that it has potential to be a fun environment to play on. So with their help, we did the coding, concept building, history of the game and created the wiki. It was very interesting to look at how much work it takes to put one of these games together and my hat goes off to all those before me who created a game from a simple idea of inspiration.

Arya_SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: New Around Here

Welcome Arya!

Great to have someone from some of the same background as me. Always been into roleplay and love Star Wars as well and the other games you mentioned. Grew up with some of them too. Enjoy TMS and the many players here. Can't wait to see what Disney does with Episodes 7, 8, and 9, surely they will be better than Jar Jar and episodes 1, 2, and 3(I hope) .
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Arya_SW

Name: Arya of SW: Dark Dreams
Home MUD: Star Wars: Dark Dreams
Home MUD: swdarkd.net port 23
Arya_SW is on a distinguished road

Thank you, Newworlds.

This forum is full of interesting stuffs, so I think I'll be in reader mode for a bit.
Arya_SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the community!

I really wish Peter Jackson would start banging out trilogies based on the Dragonlance book!
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote