Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Roleplaying and Storytelling
Click here to Register

Old 08-05-2004, 09:04 PM   #1
Enzo

Enzo is on a distinguished road
Eyeless, Fade, Halfman, Lurk, Myrddraal, whatever you want to call them. I'm started a new roleplaying character who is a Fade, and I want to get as much information on them as I can to better resemble a Fade from the books. My fade controls Darkhounds too, so whatever you can say about the connection between Darkhounds and Fades would be wonderful.

Here's what I have so far:

-Human Man Sized
-No Eyes
-Sight like an Eagle
-Their cloaks do not sway in the wind
-Their skin is pasty white
-Spawn of trollocs
-No Female Myrddraal
-If the fade controlling trollocs is killed, trollocs collapse as well.
-They loathe water, and will not go more than waist high in it.
-The image of a Fade in a mirror is only an indistinct blur
-They don't dream.
-Fades have no humor.
-Fades never show amusement.

Seems like a lot to start with, but I know there is more not mentioned in the source I've been looking at. Let me know if there's anything else I shoudl keep in mind.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
Kenjar

Kenjar is on a distinguished road
I don't think the Trollocs die if the Myrddraal they're bound to does, I think they just sort of lose control- I might be wrong, however, so you might want to look into that. I lent my big book about WoT to a friend, so I can't look them up in there, but I still remember a few things. I haven't read the series in a very long time, so I might be off a bit.

1- Their swords- I think they're black, and if they come in contact with another sword made from the power they emit this big, flashy light.

2- They have the ability to sort of teleport by stepping into shadows, and they can then reappear out of the shadows anywhere.

3- More specifically, the Myrddraal are trollocs in which the Human half is dominant, instead of the animal half. They are created completely by accident, at random.

4- Myrddraal are the only reason the shadow even bothers to use Trollocs- they are the only thing able to incite fear in them, allowing them to drive them forward in battle. Also, like you said, they can bond with a fist of trollocs to gain better control over them.
Kenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:01 PM   #3
Enzo

Enzo is on a distinguished road
In the Eye of the World, the first book of the WoT series, Lan beheads the Myrddraal bonded to the trollocs the group goes against after they leave Baerlon, and before they enter Shadar Logoth.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:53 PM   #4
karlan

karlan is on a distinguished road
1) - The Dragon Reborn.

The swords are tainted during their making. - The Shadow Rising.

and...
- Lord of Chaos.

The main problem with having fades in an RP situation is that they are really overpowered (its a balance thing, it'd be like allowing players to be a ringwriath in LoTR)

2) Don't forget the gaze/fear thing...

3) - Lord of Chaos.

"Y'All look alike to me" - There are NO distinguishing features (with the special exception of Shaidar Haran)

4) cruel, very cruel. They will not put an enemy out of its misery unless it is still a threat, its much better to watch it plead/writhe/wimper/... whatever

If you need more look at...

karlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:17 PM   #5
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
When I was heavy into WoT muds I bought the Wheel of Time Compendium in PDF format. It's a fantastic tool when you need references for writing stories, creating a character, building rooms, clandocs, or anything.

I was an Imm at a well known WoT based game for awhile and when I was designing my clan and gear there it was a godsend...

As to where to get it, I dunno. I believe the site that I DL'd mine from charged me 20$ or so, but later went out of business for some reason, probably shadiness, as I found out later that the copy I have is not authorised...

But there might be a free version somewhere. Dunno myself.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote

Myrddraal - Fades - Wheel of Time - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel of Time MUD looking for good roleplayers Taloth Advertising for Players 0 01-24-2007 11:15 AM
The Wheel of Time MUD releases WotMUD IV.5 nass Advertising for Players 0 10-11-2005 02:28 PM
The Pattern's End - Wheel of Time MUD Enzo Advertising for Players 0 01-24-2004 06:10 PM
Wheel of Time Mud seeking Builders raenac Advertising for Staff 2 10-13-2003 10:31 PM
Calling all Wheel of Time Roleplayers TG_Hammar Advertising for Players 1 10-11-2002 12:21 AM