Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-21-2004, 07:10 PM   #1
trid

trid is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

HI i am a player of dragonrealms but with all the changes and stuff i not so sure i want to play there anylonger so i was wondering if you guys can give me some suggestion on a good mud to play. would be nice if it was a free one kinda got tired of paying for it as well. i would like someting that is simular to DR if possable. you can e-mail me if you don't wish to post here at .

thanks
Trid
trid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:18 PM   #2
nikolausv

Home MUD: http://tharel.net/
nikolausv is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to nikolausv
nikolausv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:15 PM   #3
trid

trid is on a distinguished road
oh sorry well it has alot of ingame events, and playerkill that you have to accept. i no i don't want the unlimited playerkill that some muds are. i didn't mean the free the way it sounds i don't mine donating to the game as long as i enjoy it. another think i like but don't seen in many muds is you can gain most skills in the game and the few i have played around with you have to choose em at the beging of the game. Dragon realms you can learn then whenever you wish. and there is certain skills you have to train in to level. but i don't mind the exp leveling that i have seen on most muds besides that one. but the big thing is i want a game that has ingame events. with a playerbase that roleplays. i know i have been playing aardwolf and maybe i just haven't played long enough but everyone there is eather questing or sleeping.

Trid
trid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:29 PM   #4
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Aardwolf isn't a RP mud, and their staff has tried to make that very clear to people who give them a hard time about it. You should take a look at the mudlist on this website, and try to match what you want with what's available.

Considering you come from Dragonrealms, I'd suggest you try a game where RP is encouraged, rather than enforced. DR isn't exactly filled with stellar RP, as it's designed to cater to a very wide variety of players and enforced RP would reduced their player base.

On the other hand, a game where RP is expected - but the idea of RP is looser than hard-core RP games, might suite you well. Inferno is one of those, and it's a pay-to-play game. Its combat and engagement system is similar to DragonRealms, but its skill and level advancement is closer to what Gemstone offers (with some rather pleasant differences). Training is done by spending builds, like training points in GS, except you earn them as you go rather than getting them all at once when you level up. This makes the notion of levels much less significant.

The RP is much - much - more serious than DR, but much less serious than some of the hard-core RP games. You might find it meets your needs perfectly.

If you want to take a gander, their URL is - and I -highly- suggest you read the documentation and manual before showing up with your first character. It's not the kind of game you can just log in and expect to do well in without having a good understanding of the world and the mechanics first.

They also have a free trial period, so you don't risk losing money if you decide it isn't for you.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 07:35 AM   #5
gth

gth is on a distinguished road
has RP and no global channels.  Skills are class based, and are almost automatically available as you level up (you just have to practice to get better at them).

As far as events go, the playerbase itself is interacting all the time, influencing power and areas of relative safety and lawlessness.  Immortals assist in running of the MUD itself and minor administration stuff, but realms-wide roleplays that require imm-sponsorship and/or imm-driven aren't very regular at the moment.

Probably the negative from your wish-list would be that anyone can commit PK... anyone can kill anyone else, since they prefer realism instead of messages such as "You can't do that" or "Not at your level". Here is the

Give it a go and reply here if it's not what you prefer; such feedback is always welcome.

- g.

Disclaimer - Yes, I'm affiliated with SK; apologies if it's bad to push a MUD that I play.
gth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:53 AM   #6
Mouseglove

Mouseglove is on a distinguished road
Mouseglove is offline   Reply With Quote