Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 04-14-2006, 03:16 AM   #21
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Hah! I have to admit, I do too. *shame*

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:26 AM   #22
Crystal

Name: Crystal
Home MUD: Advent of the Mists
Home MUD: Advent of the Mists
Crystal is on a distinguished road
Unattentive parents.

Fundamentalists.

Shaking a pill bottle and forgetting to check that the cap is on tight and half of them now floating in the sink.

Carrot Tops eyebrows.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:32 AM   #23
Luvan

Luvan is on a distinguished road
Fakes and copycats.

Liars, cheats and theives.

George bush.
Luvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:46 AM   #24
Traveler

Traveler is on a distinguished road
My girl friend and I were catching a Red Sox - Yankees game at Fenway Park a couple of years ago. She was just returning to her seat from grabbing a couple of beers, when a gaggle of people come bustling down the stairs. One guys stumbles and bumps into her. The guy asks her if shes okay, my girl friend says its fine, brushes the whole incident off as she's just eager to sit and watch the game.

The woman in the seat next to us is wide eyed and mouth open rambling, 'Oh my god! Do you know who that was!'. My girl friend says no and I didn't really see what happened because I was paying attention to the game. The woman starts shouting, 'That's Ben Affleck'. The guy smiled, I said 'Hey', my girl friend din't care because the Sox were up to bat by then (we're a mixed team couple), and the guy and his entourage went to their seats.

The woman next to us wouldn't stopped carrying on the entire game about seeing Ben Affleck. Which leads me to my next pet peeve, Boston Red Sox fans.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:53 AM   #25
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
I have heard that he was the bomb in Phantoms, yo. Having not watched the film, I am unable to confirm or deny the accuracy of this staement, however.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #26
Baram

Home MUD: Tears of Polaris
Baram is on a distinguished road
mentioning number three was unneeded, as it was already covered by your first two peeves.
Baram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #27
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #28
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
This is why movie success is reported in dollars grossed rather than tickets sold-- ticket sales have been dropping by ~5%/year lately, but the total gross has been relatively constant thanks to ticket prices rising faster than inflation.

The movie industry isn't necessarily in trouble (DVD sales pick up the slack), but they're going to encounter the same issues that the music industry has hit in recent years-- you can still make plenty of money, but not the way you used to.

On top of that, salary issues are hurting, much like they do in sports. Back in the day, actors and actresses earned a very comfortable living, but nothing like what today's $20-25+M/picture stars receive. It's tough to lower box office prices when you pay $60M in total salary before a single set is built.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #29
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
That's a common misconception promoted, unfortunately, by people in the games industry who are out of touch with reality.

Games are not even close to the size of the movie industry. When people say the games industry is larger than the movie industry, what they're doing is comparing apples and oranges. They're comparing box office revenue for movies to box sales for games. Makes no sense.

A more accurate comparison would be comparing box office revenues to arcade revenues, or box game sales to box movie sales (ie DVDs). In both cases, the movie industry crushes the games industry.

If you add up the total size of the movie industry and the total size of the games industry, the movie industry is still multiple times the size of the games industry. The difference is that the games industry is growing a lot faster.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #30
Milawe

Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #31
Galleus

Home MUD: Aetolia, the Midnight Age
Galleus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Galleus
Hey now, watch it, we hunt in packs.
Galleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #32
Threshold
Legend

Threshold will become famous soon enough
I am totally with you on that one, and I'll raise you.

I actually used to like both the Red Sox and the Patriots, but their fans seem to think they divinely deserve every championship as well as national affection. The sheer amount of movies, tv shows, and movie stars constantly pimping New England sports teams has reached epic proportions and needs to stop.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:56 PM   #33
Threshold
Legend

Threshold will become famous soon enough
Oh, I forgot they also have the Bruins. Friggin New England fans are out of control. At least they have the stinky Celtics to drag them down a bit.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:44 PM   #34
ScourgeX

Home MUD: Scourge of Time
ScourgeX is on a distinguished road
You must not follow hockey much, Bruins suck and got rid their good players at the trade deadline. Why should Texas and NY teams have all the glory, go Pats ;p
ScourgeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:18 PM   #35
ScourgeX

Home MUD: Scourge of Time
ScourgeX is on a distinguished road
People who tailgate when you are driving over the speed limit. The only thing more annoying is when you pull into to the slow lane, they continue going at the exact same speed you were going.
ScourgeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #36
Galleus

Home MUD: Aetolia, the Midnight Age
Galleus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Galleus
Sports fans jealous of New England's divinely appointed right to every national championship and its well deserved universal affection.
Galleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:43 AM   #37
Fern

Fern is on a distinguished road
kitchens full of themed stuff - at the risk of offending anyone and their collection of 35,257 ceramic piglets or crystal cows or porcelain roosters - c'mon.. enough is enough is enough

AMC Pacers
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:34 AM   #38
GuruPlayer

GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
People who check for text messages in a darkened theatre. Do they not realize that is the same as turning on a flashlight??? Can't these a$$holes go 2 hours without checking in with their buds?? And don't get me started about the dickheads whose cellphones ring while they're in the theatre & THEY ANSWER IT!!! I'm all for cellphone blocking hardware in all theatres & restaurants!!!  People got along just fine before cell phones were invented, & if they had to make a call, they used the public phone away from earshot of everyone else.  I also think there should be a device in cars that will block cell transmissions when the ignition is on.  You want to make a call, fine, pull over & turn off the engine, & quit endangering the public!!!
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Pet Peeves - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RP Pet-peeves Realedazed Roleplaying and Storytelling 44 03-14-2004 11:46 AM