Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 10-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
eax

eax is on a distinguished road
Curious regarding guilds?

Hi all,

I am thinking maybe the deature I am about to query perhaps isn't available however I will ask anyway. Is there any muds out there that allow any player say with 5 to 8 in game friends to create their own guild? You know kind of similiar to MMOS?

Consequently I am not considering making a guild just curious about this as I'm not really 100% sure of the whole mud guild systems and the reason that for example they have say just 4 or 5.

Any information on this is greatly appreciated, thanks!
eax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
Orrin

Name: Matt
Orrin is on a distinguished road
Re: Curious regarding guilds?

Many MUDs allow for players to form their own organisations, whether called guilds, clans or something else. Usually your organisation will get some kind of building in the game world they can use as well as a member only communication channel. There may be special member ranks and privileges or access to member only equipment as well.

I suppose I should plug my own game at this point and say that will feature player cabals that you can form with your friends.

Even if your favourite MUD doesn't offer this feature it is worth asking the administrators to consider adding it. It's a lot easier to add something like this to a MUD than it is to an MMO.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
Pymeus

Home MUD: tharel.net
Pymeus is on a distinguished road

Can't speak for other games (or even MMOs), but a new clan at AU requires a minimum of 6 members.

Last edited by Pymeus : 10-24-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Pymeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
eax

eax is on a distinguished road

Thanks all,

I have been off the muds for a while but thats me back into them again for the holidays , just so you know I do read the replies even if its been a while Actually enjoying three kingdoms at the momment, that one always draws me back for some reason
eax is offline   Reply With Quote