Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 04-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
jtrpdx

jtrpdx is on a distinguished road
Reposted here for the owner

After a long needed hiatus, server switches and codebase issues, Allegiance of Chaos is back and better than ever!

We here at Allegiance of Chaos are a dedicated few who are searching for new members that we may call one of us. Currently, we are in need of a mainstream coder or two and a few determined builders to help us shape our world.

Our MUD is currently running the FEAR v2.13 codebase, written by Xerves, which is based off of SMAUG. It is an ingenious codebase in that it is very unique, compared to many of the current hack-and-slash, kill-and-quest MUDs currently available. This codebase delves deeper into "reality", per se, in that it requires more skill and thinking than just fighting endless amounts of mobs. Sure, that can get exciting, but there is more than that here. The FEAR codebase boasts many different things, including:

- An innovative combat system, manual body part attacking instead of automatic damage dealing (though you can enable it)
- An item forging system, where you create your own equipment with ores and metals
- A stat based training system instead of levels, where you gain power by increasing your stats
- An optional player killing environment; if you don’t want to be involved in pkilling, you don’t have to, we offer role playing and quests if that’s what you like
- Blind support for users (still under production, but functional)
- A full overhead ASCII area map, as well as an overworld wilderness map
- And last but not least, a very innovative, in-depth kingdom system that allows YOU, the player, to create your very own kingdom and train your own units which you can use to lay siege on your opponents.

The codebase is stable, but I could use a serious debugger to help me refine the place. I am also in dire need of some serious builders; stock areas don’t suit me very well. Also, if you are just looking for a MUD to play on, we are open for players as well, though we’re merely in our beta stages.

If this sounds like your cup of tea, coffee, beer, or what have you, then drop me an email at: xithen -AT- gmail.com. I’d be more than happy to see you there.

Thank you for your time,
Victor
jtrpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
jtrpdx

jtrpdx is on a distinguished road
Just need to...

BuMp this
jtrpdx is offline   Reply With Quote