Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 02-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Znr4123

Znr4123 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Greetings

Znr4123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Greetings

Welcome Zennerfott,

Good to have you around and another person that reminds me of how I remember starting in muds.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #3
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about

Welcome and good luck on your project!
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:14 AM   #4
Znr4123

Yeah, thanks everyone. It's been tough getting it started. We've got a very energetic development team with a lot of very interesting ideas. And a lot of back ground in muds and various other fields. However, we all are horible writters. lol. We started out with a team of 7. Everyone was real excited, but the builders completely stoped contributing. Otherwise we'd be where we are now about a year ago. But that was our mistake. 2 of the builders had a completly different vision than what the developers did. So, of course they weren't interested. The Last builder/admin received a promotion at his job. He lost intrest cause promotion = NO FREE TIME. We've kinda figured we'd go forward anyway. And we have learned from those mistakes. We started as a group of friends, and really should have started with a group all with a similiar vision. We are certain that once people see what we are working on, and the potiential, we can build a strong team. The program design is intended to be highly role play. Most levels, even as imortals, gives you something to push for. I've been on muds that are 200Level muds or what ever. But sometimes you end up leveling for 10+ levels and nothing changes and there is little character interplay. Or muds that focus so much on PKilling that rediculously easy high level monsters are created so everyone can be level 60+ in a matter of minutes... just to kill each other. It's just not fun in my opinion. Interactive mobiles, simi-intelligent mobiles, and clans. To me, those things help build a rich role-play experence for the players. And for me, It's more about how the players interact with each other. I've played muds that were just straight stock roms with hardly any bells and whistles and stayed on. All because of the rich role play environment. But mostly it is about your players. If your players are telling you something different. You've got to adapt. This code is highly adaptable. We can litterally plug in a new system or stat in minutes. Anyway.... If I haven't stated this already... I can be the long winded one of the bunch... So I'll digress.... or I might fill up the forums disk space! =)
Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #5
Newworlds
Legend

Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Wow, that was a mouthfull.

Don't worry Zennerfott (I gave you this name because it is cooler than Znr4123, if you can figure out how I came by your new name you win a prize), NW has been around for many years and builders come and go as that is the nature of muds.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
Znr4123

lol. What's wrong with Znr4123? the 4123 is actually 4.12310562561....... which is the square root of 17. Znr is an acronym... which I'm not going to post here =P. But it deals with a 3D/4D rendering project I was working on at the time.

I would say Zenner + fott. Without googling, Zenner is a name, but it can also be in refrence to the Zenner effect. Fott, on the other hand... That could be a foreign language refrence to "lower back" or the acronym for Facial Oral Tract Theorpy. But those are the only thing that come to mind... So it really doesn't make any sense to me. (well, there is the urban definition.... but I doubt that)
Old 02-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
Newworlds
Legend

LOL, that is fun. No it is much simpler than you make it. Zenner is the phonetic form of Znr and the rest is Four One Two Three (FOTT).
Old 02-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
Znr4123

lol. Ah, yes, that does make more sense. =)