Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 09-02-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
Rylan

Rylan is on a distinguished road
Looking for a home

Hey, I've been wandering aimlessly from MUD to MUD for the past two or so months and I really would like to find one that I can call home again. I have a few guidelines that would be helpful for me, and that would interest me:

1. Unique races - I hate playing a human, its what I do irl why do it in a game? And the elves/goblins/gnomes/orcs gets kind of old, so this would be nice if they had unique races. Or just any races other than human would be okay too.

2. Friendly player base - Somewhere that is enjoyable to be in, where I don't feel snubbed.

3. Medium to large player base - Somewhere I can easily meet others (not completely important but would be nice)

4. Roleplay - A nice environment with a rich background that encourages roleplay, maybe enforced even.

5. I don't PK but I don't mind it in a MUD so long as I'm pretty much free to roam without being killed without reason.

6. Easy communication - Perferably not many languages, or if there are, a way to speak 'common' with everyone. Different channels perhaps to speak globally.

Some things I really would not want

A MUD that is more like a chore than a game. Having to really work your ass off just to get gold.

A pay for 'extra' features MUD, or pay to play MUD

A MUD that requires heavy coding to play

I'm probably a bit picky but if your MUD sounds like it might fit some of those, let me know!
Rylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
SamGideon

SamGideon is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a home

I don't normally try recruiting, however it sounds to me like you're getting tired of Hack'n'Slash muds. (Personally I keep a character on my first MUD, because I still like the people there and sometimes Hack'n'Slash is fun, but I don't consider him a rp character - just saying this for MUDders out there I ain't dissing ya). Want to try your hand at a RP-enforced MUSH. A MUSH puts less on killing (it happens rarely) and more on roleplay and story telling.

If you're interested stop by jointhesaga.com 3005 (we have three games to choose from, a fantasy setting, a sci-fi setting and a world set in the Realms of the Dead), you'll find me on the sci-fi game OtherSpace: Millenium.

From what you described we have all you're looking for. To check out the lore visit otherverse.wikia.com
SamGideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a home

Hello Rylan,

If you haven't been by NW, here are the answers to your search!

We have several races not unique. Centaurs, Lykos, Felines, and several more very unique are coming soon. You might check the website at .

Very friendly here with guides and staff to assist new and old players. Because it is an RP enforced game, you will find friendly characters as well as unfriendly depending on your choices of roleplay.

I promise you that you will be interacting constantly with players. We have a medium sized playerbase ranging from 50 to 100, but more importantly alot of the roleplay is centered around major locations so there is always interaction going on. In other words, you won't travel the land and never meet anyone. And more importantly you will get right into the action the moment you leave creation (which is quite easy by the way). You don't have to go through any newbie training program.

RP Enforced. It is the only way for our world. Might be a bit odd for you if you haven't been in this environment, but also very immersive as well.

PK must be roleplay led. In other words, a person must have rp reasons to pk you or others. It does happen, but centers around serious and exciting roleplay and you can avoid it if you wish by not roleplaying into a pk situations.

Everyone speaks common but all races have their own auto language, only understandable by their race, but you do not have to learn a second language it is part of the code.

Not picky at all, you have described NW. Now, it is not simple town where things are handed out and you can advance like you are playing a kiddie game because that ruins the excitiment of challenge, but if you apply yourself and roleplay you will get ahead.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote