Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 10-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Hello there

Howdi

I am a lover of text based games (INteractive fiction in particular such as Inform and Tads), and games where you start with nothing and GROW to be huge and powerful.

I have been playing MUD's for over 10 years and my MudResume (i.e more than just a cursory look) includes, in no particular order

Dark and Shattered lands, Achaea, Threshold, Armageddon, Imperian, NewWorlds, Evarayn, Aardwulf, Shadows of Isildur, Two Towers

I am between MUD's now as I took a long break and have returned to start again hence why I am on this site, with a new character and a new story and with donations for those deserving! I have played many in the last few months, and cant find one that fits just right.

Also a World of Warcraft player, but lets not speak of that on this text gaming site.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hello there

Welcome, MudMann! Good to have you here.

Don't be afraid to talk about WoW. I talk about it all the time... mostly how much I dislike it due to its raiding system. HEHE.

Well, good luck in finding a mud. Maybe you'll stop by on some of the ones you've already tried and visit me!
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody

A hearty welcome to you. And there's always the Tavern of the Blue Hand for talking about stuff that's not quite on the topic of MUDs

(I'm a fellow WoW player, by the way. I expect to spend a lot of time there during the next few weeks during Brewfest!)
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the Asylum. Please leave all reason and sanity at the door and deposit any nuclear weapons you may have into my personal "Cleanse the World" Foundation
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Oooh, you played on NW awhile back? Don't try returning now, we wipe any non active characters annually, and block all former WOW players, hence Mina is not allowed to log on anymore.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515

Go away. Just kidding. :-D

Tried all of those I think though only two of them were of interest to me. Admin'd on one of those two as well.

Well, having recently quit the MUD I've been playing for eight years, I'm in the same boat. I'm just going cold turkey since there just isn't anything out there that impresses me. Hence, I'm concentrating on my own game which will be ready for beta sometime around 2009 or 2010 (hopefully). My advice to you is RUN! RUN LIKE HELL AND DON'T LOOK BACK! :-D

*puke*

Take care,

Jason
Bored to tears and in a goofy mood

Last edited by prof1515 : 10-02-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Tpyo...DOH...typo!
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough

Ah thanks for the greets, even though some were a little strange. WoW is fun, though I am a tight ass who has not even bought Burning Crusade yet and as I am level 53 wont be for a while.

Newworlds, delete characters do you now?! doubt I can remember who I was, I cant remember why I stopped playing but it was actually a while ago when I was still embroiled in my major mud of the time and feelings the first pangs of boredom.. I do recall having a good time on NW, and meeting some very interesting and well RP'ed folk.. I think it was the beta tag that put me off.. I wanted a completed game.. but dont shoot me for that it may be I am confused with another MUD. Maybe another try is in order....

Evarayn is the one capturing my attention at the moment, love the combination of skill accumlation over time, xp and levels by grinding if you want.. your own 'dungeon' instances or xp through non-violent guild tasks or trading. and PERSISTANT GEAR even through reboots!

Armageddon was impressive too, but I dont like permadeath.. yeah its the ultimate in RP experience, but to me MUD's are still games and have to be fun.

anyway.. I have said hello.. and time to go cause mayhem.. um.. *cough* engage in meaningful debate on the forums
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote