Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 09-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #121
Maelgrim

Maelgrim is on a distinguished road
QFT

Seriously, you'd think Matt had killed someone's dog. Nobody's forcing you to play the IRE games. Are 12 pages of bitching really justified here?

[flamebait] And getting on your high horse about people accepting money in muds... I agree, how dare they charge for it. What's next, people charging for sex?

Oh... wait...[/flamebait]
Maelgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #122
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Well, I did once kill a robin with a slingshot, but in my defence, I was 11 and I feel bad about it to this day.

Seriously though....I totally appreciate your support and the support of a couple other recent posters in this thread, but it'd probably be good to just drop it. I started the thread to get the flammers to stop ruining other threads, but nobody is flaming anyone right now, so why stir the proverbial pot? (Though again, I really do appreciate the gesture.)

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:15 AM   #123
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
If you post flame bait, you reap flames.
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:51 AM   #124
Pip

Pip is on a distinguished road
I love the way IRE works. I have played all four games, and on each I have not paid one cent. All of my characters are well rounded as far as skills are concerned, enhanced by credits bought in game with gold my characters earned in game. I have no problem with combat or enjoyment of the games.  I have even managed to buy an artifact or two using the mentor system credits. Contests are held frequently that give you the chance to win large amounts of credits, and there are duties you can perform within the game to earn them as well.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #125
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
This thread doesn't keep flames out of other threads, it doesn't do anything like that. The entire premise of this thread is ridiculous, it's just flame thread, one of which we already had prior to the existence of this one.

This thread just takes up space on the recent discussions section of the main page.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:07 PM   #126
Spoke

Spoke is on a distinguished road
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #127
Asaudan

Asaudan is on a distinguished road
Guys, this isn't a flame-thread -- it's a promotional thread. There's an endlessly repeating pattern at work, here, and it goes like this:

The leading event:

Matt: Guys (le sigh), I'm sick of you messing up the forum with your flames, flames, flames against me, so I'm starting a thread with my company's name in the caption for you to keep at the top.

The cycle:

Personage X: I'm sick of you guys flaming Matt all the time. I'm a player at his games, but that's not why I'm defending him. By the way, Matt, my username at Achaea is yourstruly. Wink.
Personage A: I do not like Matt, and also, he is evil.
Personage B: I agree with what has just been said. His false advertising makes him rather villainous.
Personage X: Your claim, good sir B, is ridiculous. Charging for MUDs is no different from, say, charging for sex.
Personage D: Does that make Matt a whore?
Matt: You insult me personally, you retarded person. I remind you that I am the victim, and that regardless I do such good things. Ah, I am flamed. Flamed! and it hurts me so, and therefore must I make some inquiry as to which mental handicap you are partaking of, so that you would reply and keep this thread at the top. No offense, of course.

Give it a month, and you see that all over again.

No-one should post in this topic. Matt-haters, you shouldn't post in this thread because you're doing him a huge favour in allowing him to play victim and reply to you in his condescending-yet-strangely-benevolent tone. And he will, because it's a sound business-move. Matt-lovers, you shouldn't reply either -- especially if you're going to jump into conclusions drawn from your own paraphrasing or suggest that people shouldn't flame Matt in the thread which only has that purpose, and with what appears to be his permission. No-one will think you're cool, anymore. Do you think I'm cool? Well, there you have it.

Just so none of you have to ask: Matt, I hate your internet persona. I think he's a real douche, who employs mafia-like strongarming tactics and then wears innocent sky-blue to court. In real life, you may be the best ****ing person ever. Who knows?

Who cares?

I just wish you'd drop the good cop -act.
Asaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #128
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Good post. On that note, can we get a moderator to lock this no longer truly active, important, positive thread? It was obviously created for no good purpose, and it should be buried in the Land of Locked Negative Threads.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:30 PM   #129
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
The thread was created by Matt, who now is the moderator on this bord, and who, as just was pointed out, has his own reasons for starting it and keeping it alive.

So what is your bet that he will lock it?
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:11 PM   #130
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
I've been refraining from posting to avoid bumping this train wreck, but now that it's already the first one in the queue, no harm there. I would redirect this sort of feedback to the thread about Matt's actions as a moderator, but that thread was locked (for some reason), so I can't.

This whole thread is based on trolling with a straw man, and is more or less the exact type of thread a moderator shouldn't promote, let alone start. Put a bullet in it.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote

Iron Realms sucks! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Win $1000 from Iron Realms. the_logos MUD Announcements 1 03-09-2006 08:57 PM
Iron Realms is hiring! the_logos Advertising for Staff 12 12-15-2004 07:18 AM
Iron Realms on IGN the_logos MUD Announcements 0 08-16-2004 04:01 PM
Iron Realms on IGN the_logos MUD Announcements 0 08-16-2004 04:00 PM
Iron Realms Entertainment the_logos MUD Announcements 4 08-07-2003 01:40 AM