Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > Advanced MUD Concepts
Click here to Register

Old 12-17-2006, 10:26 PM   #21
Bethaene

Bethaene is on a distinguished road
Bethaene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:04 AM   #22
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Non-commercial, however that wouldn't make it any less necessary to gain permission before using a copyrighted work.

Fortunately I'm not basing my design on any books or other copyrighted work. Dragons and dragonlike creatures are common throughout the real-world mythology of many cultures, going back thousands of years. And while I've certainly drawn some inspiration from more modern works, ideas are not protected by copyright law.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:16 PM   #23
sunflare2k5

sunflare2k5 is on a distinguished road
I know that in the games that allow dragons or draconic descent as player characters, they're usually very hobbled by XP requirements and the like. Are you proposing a game where all players are linked to dragons somehow, then? Because on that scale, it may be worth playing a dragon; your ideas are interesting, and I'm not skilled enough in coding to see any flaws.
sunflare2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #24
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Usually because those muds try to balance "powerful" options against weaker options by making them require more work.

Personally I strongly dislike that idea - requiring more effort to have a more powerful character still leaves you with some characters being more powerful than others. Within a competitive environment, players are pretty much forced to take the more time-consuming route in order to remain competitive.

So basically, no, there are no additional requirements. All of the classes represent powerful supernatural beings, and each require just as much effort to build up.

No, although anyone can take the dragon-oriented talents (Dragon Blooded, Red Dragon Descendant, etc).
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote

DESIGN: Dragons (hoping for feedback) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hoping to Help With a Harry Potter MUD Danlor Advertising for Staff 1 07-22-2005 01:17 PM
Looking for feedback on new site layout Jaewyn MUD and RPG Webmasters 1 08-24-2004 09:04 AM
Dungeons and dragons mud TheGOoSTaD Newbie Help 3 12-28-2003 01:21 PM
ISO Dragons Litorth Canth Advertising for Players 6 07-16-2002 02:34 PM
please read, looking for feedback ReTak Advertising for Players 6 06-04-2002 03:34 AM