Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 01-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
madfox95

Name: Sten
madfox95 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to madfox95 Send a message via Skype™ to madfox95
Newbie searching for MUD

Heya, nobody knows me in this page, because I am new here, but my name is Sten, but you can call me Madfox or whatever u like ^^.

I am kinda new to MUD's, but I have playied some Achaea and Midkemia.

I mostly prefer medieval and mythology/fantasy MUDs. Elves, dwarves, minotaurs. Swords, battleaxes, bows, magic etc. I think I am not into different MUDs, because books what I read are too into history, fantasy and mythology.A variety of races and classes to choose from, with specific weaknesses and strengths associated with each.

When there would be something like 21. century MUD, then I would really su*k in that, because I don't know nothing about cars and things .

The option to play as good or evil, beyond RP. Meaning, different groups to join, gods to worship, ect.

Oh, and there shouldn't be something that u really need to pay to get a real feel about the game, because I am not going to spend any money for long time for game. Maybe just somekind of special magic weapon.

Oh, and since I don't have really best english in writing (I don't get ideas easily even in my mother language x'D), but I kinda understand most of text when I read it and when I don't understand something, I can always use google translator or something like that . So I don't know does there exist something like that, but offline MUD, that u can still do your own life and become a king or tramp or knight or priest, but there just doesn't exist other players. It would be great start for new player and whose mother language isn't english, to study more english and get prepeared for online mud. :P

I don't know what to write more here and did the reader understand everything, but when someone has a question then ask. ^^
madfox95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
plamzi

Home MUD: bedlam.mudportal.com:9000
Home MUD: www.mudportal.com
plamzi is on a distinguished road
Re: Newbie searching for MUD

Hi,

MUD's are by definition online games (M stands for "multi-user"). However, if you look towards the bottom of any MUD listing, you'll find dozens of fantasy MUD's that are virtually empty.

But why play alone at all? If your goal is to learn, playing alone is the slowest way, especially if it's a MUD with some original content. You should play with others who can teach you things. Don't be so concerned about your English. The people you'll play with will most likely be from all over the world.
plamzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Hey MadFox!

Welcome to TMS. Many games here will work for you. I will invite you to New Worlds Ateraan for a couple of reasons.

1. We have a number of non english speaking players who get by playing without perfect english, but tend to learn the language better and better the longer they play.

2. NWA is a medieval fantasy game.

3. NWA is based on a book that you can read online at the website and gain insight into the history of the world.

4. There are various political, social, and religious groups in the game to join.

5. The game is free.

6. NWA has an excellent playebase, staff, and creation for both experienced players and brand new players as well as a specific tutorial for brand new players to teach you commands and functions and how to play the game.

7. There are a lot of things to do with groups or alone. Fishing, sailing, adventuring, farming, crafting, quest solving, pirateering, caravans, etc. You will find your nitch whether in a group of 5 or 30, or by yourself.

Enjoy your search for a game, we'll be waiting for you on Ateraan.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #4
madfox95

Hehee... MadFox . But okay who cares about that name.
Hmm... Ateraan seems to be good choice then and I bet that I am going to play this then.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:50 AM   #5
madfox95

Umm... I can't find the book. I find only some books called Light on the path etc...
Edit: Silly me, found it , but its only one page, yeah, one big page?
- that one

Last edited by madfox95 : 01-06-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:57 AM   #6
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

You found it. Yes it is one page. One helluva big page. heh. Enjoy and see you online.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote