Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 07-11-2008, 05:54 AM   #1
Tenebrae

Tenebrae is on a distinguished road
Well Hay Thar.

Hi, all.

I'm addicted to text roleplay in browser-based MUDs wth a click-to-refresh format. I know nothing about computers, except for what (most of) the buttons do, and so -will- use the word "thingy" a lot. Been mudding about four years, pretty constantly.

I've lurked here a while now, enjoying reading through the threads. Great stuff, thanks for all the handy info. I'm looking forward to joining in.
Tenebrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
Zeta Thompson

Home MUD: Valhalla
Zeta Thompson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta Thompson
Re: Well Hay Thar.

Never tried a browser based rpg. Glad you spoke up. It's nice to know who the lurkers are. Welcome
Zeta Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to TMS!

That sounds like an interesting game. I don't think I've encountered one like that yet.

I know a decent amount about computers and coding, and I still regularly use "thingy". You're in good company!
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:57 PM   #4
Tenebrae

Thanks, Zeta and Milawe, for the welcome

And yeah-- there's not many around in this format. Basically, the game rooms are a linked series of chatscreens you gotta click to refresh. There's mobs in some, some are pure text-rp, but most are geared toward written storyline sort of roleplay rather than levelling stats. I haven't yet found one that I am really satisfied with though so...

I'm making one. >< Well, with a LOT of help from my lovely coders. Got a great and very mature-minded creative team and a pile of players waiting for it, I think it will be a lot of fun to have a go at. We're at proto-baby-steps stage, and only one of us has made a game before, though several have been admin. It's really exciting, and this place has been such a great help to me as far as picking the brains of people with a lot of experience for tips on how to manage the project in general.

So much to learn!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Welcome welcome!

I have played a similar game long long ago. It was more storyline oriented but interesting. Good luck with your project!

The latest thing at NW is an web browser Java client so you can play right from our website. The only downside it is that it is a basic client with not many options. Still easier for people who don't want to download or can't. So I know the good side to online client.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #6
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I just added a basic Java client over at our game. I mean basic...

And to the OP, welcome.

Pick my brain anytime.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:13 AM   #7
Tenebrae

Thankyou NewWorlds. And yups, the one I've been playing is very much storyline oriented. The one I'm making will be, too, but with more realistic stats, which only one of its kind has, currently.

And thanks too, Mabus! I certainly will.