Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 12-02-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
Rylan

Rylan is on a distinguished road
I believe I've found my home!

I just thought I would share this, as it is always an exciting event when finding your new MUD home, as I'm sure you all know for yourselves! I thought it was an unlikely match for myself, but looks can be decieving as I've found!

The game is Geas. It is a level-less class-less MUD, which is part of the reason I thought I would fit. But I never had really tried a MUD like it before, and it is quite fun!! There is tons of stuff to do, and I'm sure I haven't even broken the tip of it yet. I'll tell you a little about it.

Geas has a very complex combat system, there are several variables you can use including but not limited to:

Choosing a ' mood ' to fight in, from Defensive, to Agressive.
Choosing what to focus on, thrust, swing, or even feinting an attack, also defensive moves
There are various ' combat-addons ' for each weapon..
And as I said much more I'm sure, that I'm unaware of just yet
It is fully customizable for colors in combat, rooms, and items.

There are various other things to do, other than fighting such as:

Fishing, mining, cooking, herbing, potion making, crafting... and more

The atmosphere is very friendly and easy to roleplay in, very helpful players.

Over all I would say this is a top notch MUD, and anyone should try it out!

Set your client to: geas.franken.de port 3333
Rylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: I believe I've found my home!

See. The moral of this story is "Never give up hope!" There is always a game somewhere for everyone. Even two!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Rylan

Wow I can't get over how awesome this MUD is!! Its got archery!!! I love archery! You can kill things from a room away! Or Critically injure them to make the fight easier! Umm.. there's juggling!! Yes, juggling! Its neat, you juggle in the market place for coins. You can sing too, in the inns, but you have to join a guild for that one. I haven't joined any guilds yet, I've only learned about a couple.. and I want to make a good choice!

And.. hmmm... There's four different TYPES of guilds... not just guilds, not sure how many guilds there actually are, but there's quite a few!!

Awesome, awesome awesome!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:19 AM   #4
Hyena

Hyena is on a distinguished road

I tried it too. The character creation was actually quite advanced but I didn't find an option to make my character bald. The gameplay was too clumsy for me. The text is not very reader-friendly as it tends to be in one line so I have to read from left to right not from top to down ( equipment I wear, characters in rooms etc ). I didn't find anyone to attack or a map which I really needed because all these northeast southup exits make it even more harder to learn the map than in square based muds. Anyway then I randomly attacked some human and the fight just goes and goes without anyone dying. Btw what is OOC?
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
Rylan

Ah, it isn't without its faults of course! But what I learned was mostly from other players helping me, to get started.. then once I learned the basics and such I was fine. You're given a newbie guide at the beginning, which is very helpful. In the room that you start in there is a cupboard with a map, a lantern and a tinderbox I think..

The map is of the town you start in. Also this MUD has a very nifty command "follow road <direction" so you can easily get from one town to the next. There are various quests in each town.. and you find those by asking <person> help and they might give you a quest. Anyway.. if you get stuck I"d ask someone for help.. they're very helpful.

The combat is advanced... and slow. Especially for a beginner, the fights take longer. But as you get stronger that's not so much the case. And in team combat, which is really fun as well.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #6
Hyena

Hyena is on a distinguished road

That follow road <direction> is a very good idea!
About fighting: yes it takes long . I put my char fighting with some townsfolk and they just kept fighting for 10 HOURS IN REAL TIME
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote