Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 08-17-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
Torridon

Torridon is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Hmmm,

How does one make a trigger send an empty entry to the Mud in the triggers. -the same as typing enter with an empty prompt-

I want to be able to have the trigger send3 or 4 blank lines to the Mud in between other commands. Unfortunately just putting blank lines in the editor doesn't work, they are autoedited out.
Torridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 11:00 PM   #2
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Depending on the mud you could set a trigger for the symbol that they use for color. Like on roms it's usually ~ and some others it's $ and ^, type help color then just use that command alone, because it will not be used as a command though and just bring up your prompt. I wanna question why you would want to do this though? Sounds kind of pointless. Unless you are trying to fake botting or something, which is altogether pretty stupid.

-Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 11:59 PM   #3
Torridon

That won't work for what I need it for... I actually need to send an 'ENTER' to the Mud several times over.

As for why:- I was writing a notice, on a piece of parchment.  I had to write 30 or so notices on 30 pieces of parchment.

I wanted to be able to make a trigger that when I bent over a new parchment, It would script write the notice, that way I wold only have to type it up in actuality once with appropriate RP between.

I needed to have a few lines space between paragraphs, but unfortunately couldn't work it out.  .'s or >'s look awful.

My char writes alot of the same thing repetatively so I would rather not have to type up 30 lots of 3/4 of a page of writing each time.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:42 AM   #4
Ogma

Home MUD: DartMUD
Ogma is on a distinguished road
How about <spacebar> <enter>? That should get sent by zmud.
Ogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 12:09 PM   #5
welcor

welcor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to welcor
Talking

in zmud, the #cr command sends a carriage return to the current window.
welcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 07:00 PM   #6
Torridon

No, unfortunately doesn't work...

It might make the mud put in a space, but for the righting editor it does not allow make a line space appear on the parchment.

It is not actually sending the same info as when you press enter on the keyboard with a black entry. that is what I need - badly.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:45 AM   #7
Jaewyn

Jaewyn is on a distinguished road
If it is a blank line in the standard ROM or Smaug note editor you want, then I think all you need to do is type the standard color command and then press enter.  i.e. }x <enter>  or &w <enter> for smaug code.  The color command acts as a placemarker similar to the "." or ">" you were talking about but can't normally be seen.
Jaewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:54 AM   #8
hoop

hoop is on a distinguished road
You should post your question on - the support for Zmud. They always have the answer to any Zmud question.

I've posted some advanced trigger questions on there before, and never been dissatisfied!

Hoop
hoop is offline   Reply With Quote

ZMUD Trigger ?coding? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zmud/Cmud help lovechiefs Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 01-31-2007 01:20 AM
Trigger only Client Ozzyman MUD Coding 0 01-29-2006 05:07 PM
Getting a MUD icon in zMUD - Last day! Ntanel MUD Announcements 2 02-23-2005 03:13 PM
zMUD Enzo Newbie Help 4 08-29-2004 03:05 PM
Command trigger for progs Jaegar MUD Coding 1 04-03-2003 06:41 PM