Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 12-07-2004, 09:07 PM   #1
Felomar

Felomar is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I'm looking for players interested in making characters to either serve or trace their unrecognized lineage from my own character, Felomar Mikin, on Chiaroscuro.

Felomar is a 79-year old Count still in reasonably good health and with a reputed taste for most any female that can be wooed or commanded into his bed. With over 50 years of skirt-chasing to his credit, Felomar is rumored to have a vast array of illegitimate children, many of them with his household servants through the years, though others may have been with tavern wenches, traveling bards, or various and sundry other rumored liaisons.

Also present at Windrise Keep is Felomar's legitimate daughter Lillymere, 15 years of age, who knows nothing of her father's ways and whose mother died in childbirth at an age slightly younger than Lillymere herself has now attained; Taric, Felomar's personal guard and illegitimate son; and Jayden Valkyrie, a handmaiden to the Count. Other characters may come in and out as the situation warrants, and may be encountered out in the wider world beyond the keep walls.

All the posts of a medieval keep are available, from scullery maids to guards to crafters to entertainers, and it's not required that you be either a skirt to be chased or an illegitimate. Illegitimate children may or may not know their true parentage. As with any keep, anything from children to the aged form its residents, so there's a lot of variety available for character concepts.

A few notes:
1) If you want to play a mistress, or potential mistress, I prefer that the player be female. I know males who can and do play very convincing females, but I'm generally more comfortable if romantic/intimate relationships are with players of the opposite gender.
2) This is not an Adult-Themed MUSH. By this I mean that you should expect there to be more RP than just bedrooms. I hope to make plenty of opportunity available for your character to go out and interact with the world at large, whether it be heading to market for groceries or just spending a holiday off on your own. I also hope that there will be plenty of normal keep RP going on even in my absence, with cooking and cleaning and parties and hunting and all that sort of stuff.
3) I would love to have more than one person come in who are already good at getting day-to-day RP going in a servant kind of environment and like working together. You need to be able to work with others well OOCly, though ICly conflict is certainly open as long as the IC/OOC barrier stays in place.
4) Place in society. If you're a vassal, rather than a freelander who's hired to work at the keep, you're not exactly a slave but an indentured servant. You, or more likely your family before you, acquired a contract that incurred a debt of service to Felomar and/or his family. During the time of that contract, unless specified otherwise by provision in it, you are essentially property. Though, as a vassal, you may still be a citizen and have a minimal amount of rights. If nothing else, other nobles can't kill you on a whim, as they can the lowly dirty peasants, because you belong to someone. In theory, your contract will at some point be payed off. You can play a character whose service is about payed up, looking forward to release. Or you can play a character who has the day to day knowledge that their family has served for generations, and their children will serve for generations after them. Maybe you think it isn't fair, maybe you've accepted your lot in life, maybe you're eager and proud to serve. There's room for all kinds.

If you're interested, I can be reached by email at , or as Felomar Mikin (alias fel) on the game.

The website is:
The telnet address is: 69.57.136.37: 2003
Felomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 08:36 AM   #2
Felomar

Felomar is on a distinguished road
Just because I know some players are intimidated by the thought of coming up with a start to a character, here's a specific position that's open for filling:

Lucinda Stormclaw (name can be changed)

Fortyish now, Lucinda has been plain and fat from a very young age, though the latter may well have been a testament to growing up as a scullery maid in her mother's footsteps. Well aware that men were looking to thinner, prettier girls as she began to grow up, Lucinda was surprised and even flattered to find her noble lord's advances directed her way.

As a vassal, she was obligated to yield, but as a girl who had drawn too little attention, she yielded with a willing heart, not expecting much. And found herself surprised again when the noble lord seemed to enjoy her company.

Now, Lucinda is a prominent cook in her own right, and can most often be found in the kitchens or out collecting cooking supplies. Once quiet and self-doubting, she has become a more confident personality over time as her lord continued his attentions and her own cooking skills began to be acknowledge by the keep in general.

Besides her growing confidence, Lucinda has gained two children from the Count, a girl and a boy.

If you're interested in the character, and want to bring in one or two players to do the children, they would be aged somewhere between five years and 20 years. I'm open to negotiation on the exact details of them, and of the character above.
Felomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:04 AM   #3
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Hehe. Oh pick me! pick me!
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote

Serving Girls and Illegitimates Wanted - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bloody Swords, Barrels of Ale, and Lots of Girls! Haley Advertising for Players 3 04-08-2005 05:41 PM