Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 04-08-2015, 02:08 AM   #1
zusuk

Home MUD: Luminari MUD
Home MUD: http://LuminariMUD.com
zusuk is on a distinguished road
Greetings!

I'm not technically new, I just do not tend to be very active in forums :P I had to make a new account so I'm re-introducing myself.

The name is Mosheh, I commonly go by 'Zusuk' in the MUD community. I work in Web Development... I live in Israel. I've been involved on and off with the MUD community since I was a wee lad. 15-20 years now maybe? I can't even remember when I started.

Along with a good friend we started a MUD built on CircleMUD way back then. Worked on it for maybe 6 months, put it on the shelf though because of work/military/family/education committments. About 3 years ago I dusted off the cobwebs, basically extracted all our custom content and transferred it to tbaMUD.

After about a year of development, I released the work I had done as LuminariMUD 1.0 codebase. Basically we took the mechanics we liked from Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 and mixed it with Circle elements. (you can find the codebase here: )

Over the past 2 years we've had some revolutionary changes for the MUD. Our lead developer, Ornir, developed a dynamic generated 4 million room wilderness which is a work of art. He also added weapon special abilities according to d20 game rules. We ported from another codebase several hundred original zones which are beautifully crafted. We've added an alternate questing system, feat menu-based framework (heavily influenced by d20mud/CWG), casting-time, memorization, multi-classing. The works.

Anyhow, we are not quite Beta ready yet, but we do welcome testers/builders/quest-builders/etc to come check us out. Stop by and visit, shoot the breeze, test out our game and report some bugs :P

Regards,
Zusuk
LuminariMUD.com:4100
zusuk is offline   Reply With Quote