Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 05-04-2002, 12:57 PM   #1
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
Angry

Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 03:21 PM   #2
Maggie

Maggie is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure if I should respond here or not, but it's never stopped me before.

I have nothing against you personally, and I doubt if most of the people here do.  All of you "spammers" seem to be fun-loving kids who are trying to have a good time, which is what game playing should be about.

The problem is, that any time you do anything that involves other people, there are rules you're expected to follow; some you may agree with, and some you may not. Whether what you do is actually spamming isn't important, it is disruptive which is what bothers most people.  The majority of the people posting here, want to be able to have a reasonable discussion about whatever the subject at hand is.  Too often, the threads are derailed by meaningless posts (some funny, others totally pointless) and it's hard to continue the discussion.

I do find it somewhat annoying, but I also find insulting people everytime you disagree or disapprove annoying; what can I say, I'm easily annoyed.  I'd hate to have you leave because I think young blood can sometimes add perspectives that we old folks have forgotten, but I do think you should probably tone it down.

As the saying goes, There's a time and a place for everything. The game is where you should play, this is where you talk about what can make the time in the game more enjoyable.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 04:11 PM   #3
Shao_Long

thanks Maggie..
As I said already,I apologize,if I was spamming ..hmm,i think it was three days,before.
I'll try not too next time.
And,telling about annoyance,well,I really didnt liked the fact I how I was insulted in a post which WAS a joke,actually,and most of all,how my friend kvirk was insulted,just because he came on at the wrong time,and tried to be reasonable.
Im glad to see that not everyone out there just yells 'twit !' at me without a single other word.(xcept for moron).

Thanks again.

Any other comments ?
Old 05-04-2002, 07:36 PM   #4
Caxandra

Caxandra is on a distinguished road
Caxandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 07:44 PM   #5
Shao_Long

Old 05-04-2002, 07:52 PM   #6
Caxandra

Caxandra is on a distinguished road
For the record: mine was a null vote. If I had the option of my choice it would have been: 'Everybody just take five minutes to swap shoes a second.'

That was not available. So I did not vote.
Caxandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 07:56 PM   #7
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Actually, Cax, I'm after Shao for one thing. For him to admit he spammed, to apologize, and to promise not to do it again.

That's it. He refuses to do it. That's all I'm after from Xanferious, Seth, and Ingham. Likita admitted to it, and she's cool now. But those 3....I'm waiting, and will continue to flame.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:00 PM   #8
Alastair

Alastair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alastair
Do you really want me to repeat, in this thread, what I've been saying in two others already?

I'm all for letting it chill if you do, but now you're just trolling. Let's drop it, OK?

And you'd better forget about obtaining apologies. For the moment, contrary to Likita, you haven't posted anything which would warrant one.

Oh yeah, before you jump the gun, you can have a field day on me. This is my only post to this thread, and this is likely the last time I'll read it, too.
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:00 PM   #9
Shao_Long

Listen,Dulan this is getting annoying.
Im not sure how its called by you,but everywhere else I was it is called harrasement
Didnt I told you already : LEAVE ME ALONE
Is it clear or I should repeat once again ?
Old 05-04-2002, 08:02 PM   #10
Dulan

Admit you spammed,
Post an apology,
Promise to not do it again.

That's my price, Shao. And it is not harassment by any definition. Not yet, at least. Now, see above three items. Do them. I leave you alone. It is very, very simple.

-D
Old 05-04-2002, 08:17 PM   #11
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
I think the problem Shao, is that your conduct has upset people and you apparently have not truly apologized.

Your constant spamming/flaming has gone on for a couple of days. You then create a new character (kvirk) and say that he guarantees the privacy of anyone who contacts him, even though you say 10 people use that email address. You then use this kvirk to vote and agree with you on the boards. Then you say that you are in lithuania and he is in russia. Then you say that you can't be responsible for who is on your computer. Then you say that you will send viruses to people. Then you say you have apologized, though no one seems to have seen it.

Your posts have breached about every netiquette possible. And now you want people to leave you alone because we have caught your lies upon lies and you have now painted yourself back into a corner.

I myself, don't require an apology. I just wish that you might see that how your actions have disrupted the boards. As for threatening to send viruses, you should think cautiously about doing so. Even if you are in another country, sending viruses to people is a serious illegal offense. Moreover, this is not some AOL Newbie Chat room where people have no idea what is going on. Most of the people here have years and years of experience in these areas, and should not lightly be trifled with.

My hope is that this would just end. I think everyone has made their point. Let's end it here.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:19 PM   #12
Dulan

-shrug- I'm ending it with Shao the moment he does what I keep restating, Mason.

I want an admission of spam, an apology, and a promise to not spam again. That's it.

-D
Old 05-04-2002, 08:29 PM   #13
Shao_Long

by the hell , Mason..tell me please : who's flaming and spamming now : you or me ?

and hey..Im tired of answering to same insults ten times in a row..Maybe you would say that I also created..hmm,let me see..7 profiles to vote for me ?
anyways,STOP SPAMMING.YOU TWO.Mason and Dulan.

This is annoying.Really.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:31 PM   #14
Dulan

Shao, who has 2x, almost 3x my post counts?

By no means are we spamming. You are spamming more than us, in fact.

Just admit you spammed, apologize, promise to never do it again, and get it over with. That's all anyone is asking.

-D
Old 05-04-2002, 08:34 PM   #15
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
Angry

Just drop it. My guess is that Shao is simply too young to realize what he's doing is wrong and that it hurts people. You're not going to get an apology from someone who doesn't quite have the faculties to understand what he did wrong.

So rather than have a hernia over it, just make a policy to never directly talk to him....I plan on it. Maybe if we do it enough then he'll go away, since the multiple polls that show that we all want him to leave, or at least stop posting, aren't convincing enough. But don't expect him to do the honorable thing like Likita on this one, because I don't believe he truly understands what he's done wrong.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:36 PM   #16
Dulan

-nods Wik-

You are right, there. However, I find it vastly more amusing to flame him at every chance, and let him squirm like a bug. Just the same as Seth is squirming now.

Shao, please, will you apologize and such so I can drop it? Seth is a vastly more interesting opponent then you, but I can't let it drop with you that easily. Principles and such.

-D
Old 05-04-2002, 08:39 PM   #17
Shao_Long

Listen,mister principal..If you didnt noticed,I told you about 10 times that I have apologized..In the way I see it should be. And,mr.saint,can you explain,please,how is your spam so much better then mine is ?
Old 05-04-2002, 08:46 PM   #18
Dulan

I do not spam.

Have I posted 5 or 10 posts of just 'heh'? Not to mention all the other single-line pointless me too posts, Shao?

If it has content, and a point, it is not spam. If it has no point, or no content, in the magnitude that you posted in, it is spam.

Shao, c'mon, drop it. Likita's apologized and such, can you please join her? I mean, Seth is a fairly interesting flame, you, however, aren't. I'll get irritated, and soon start really flaming you, taking off the kiddie gloves, all this other crap, and I don't want to. Maybe with Seth, he may be able to handle it, but not with you, bud. Just apologize....please?

-D
Old 05-04-2002, 09:14 PM   #19
Shao_Long

listen .. I wont apologize before you,mr.sweet Dulan.And,hey if you think Likita apologizet to you you're very wrong. She apologized to community and hey,im tend to think you're not the part of it..

Btw..you might havent posted 5 notes of heh,and I didnt too, actually,and hey,you think your flaming is not spam ? heh,your the childish one there..You keep talking about quality of forums and then you're keep babling some stupid junk about apologies 20 times a minute..
heh.you're just a loser..Poor little loser..Who's trying to make himself to believe in his strenght..I saw a lot of people like you..Mr.Loser..
hope you'll not propose me to apologize again now ?
Old 05-04-2002, 09:17 PM   #20
Dulan

of your most recent attack, Shao.

Bud, I'm asking you to apologize to the _community_. The same as Likita did. Not to me, but to the _community_.

Admit you spammed _to the community_,
Apologize _to the community_,
Promise to not do it again _to the community_.

Is that better?