Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD and RPG Webmasters
Click here to Register

Old 02-06-2004, 06:45 PM   #41
tresspassor

tresspassor is on a distinguished road
Melodrama aside, I don't see how wanting to know the full story is backwards.

This isn't a flame thread; most people here are posting in a rather civil manner. I don't see anything along the lines of "OMG Kyndig Sucks!!1".

As far as I am concerned the customers (Wolfpaw and Kyndig) are the ones stuck in the middle of this. That is wrong, and I don't see why bringing up how wrong it is makes this thread a Flame at Kyndig.

I appreciate that Dale gave an explanation about the story. Some people argue that it should have never been opened to the public but let's get real for a second:

Every Wolfpaw customer got 4 emails from Kyndig stating that they could not connect to their game and the game would be removed from the system. When Kyndig shut down all Wolfpaw accounts it BECAME PUBLIC.
So, you have all these people asking Wolfpaw "Hey man, what's up? Why can't Kyndig talk to my game? Some crazy firewall issue or what?"

Wolfpaw released a statement about the situation, this is what a good company is SUPPOSED TO DO. What else would you have them do?

Hindsight would dictate that the easiest answer to this problem is "Never have gotten into this in the first place" That's not an answer and is completely meaningless at this point.

The situation did happen and there is no time machine, Kyndig did ban all Wolfpaw accounts from his game listing. Now what would you do if you ran Wolfpaw and you have your customers asking you what's going on?

I don't see how saying this makes me out to be flaming Kyndig. I'm just telling what actually happened. I'm not trying to convince people not to go to Kyndig, I just want an answer as to why my game was taken off their list. I have nothing bad to say about Kyndig's pricing, customer service, or uptime because I don't know anything about them!

I want to know if the story is true, and if it is I think all Wolfpaw & Kyndig customers, and the Comunity, deserve an apology.
tresspassor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:24 AM   #42
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
My apologies for posting again, since certain members of TMS seem offended anytime I do post, but I wanted to simply say that Kyndig resolved the issue with the particular server of his (indecent.mudmagic.com) in a polite and expedient manner, and apologized for any trouble caused.

Funny how certain forum members got all riled up at my post when Kyndig, to whom it was directed, just fixed the problem.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:06 AM   #43
Jaewyn

Jaewyn is on a distinguished road
I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but somewhow I think what riled people up was title used for the topic. "Mudmagic: get it together., Stop the childish crap."

I can see how people might view that as a flame, but it doesn't matter now because it's all sorted out, isn't it?
Jaewyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Mudmagic: get it together. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MudMagic and MUD players Aeran MUD Administration 3 08-08-2006 10:29 AM
Mud Client Updates from MudMagic Kyndig MUD Announcements 0 01-27-2005 09:58 AM
MudMagic Host Provider Kyndig MUD Announcements 1 04-08-2004 04:31 PM
MudMagic Host Updates Kyndig MUD Announcements 0 03-15-2004 08:56 AM
MudMagic.Com Kyndig MUD Announcements 5 12-06-2003 12:28 AM