Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 04-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #1
Elvarlyn

Elvarlyn is on a distinguished road
Post Lithmeria development update! A next generation MUD takes shape...

It's been some time since I've posted in these hallowed forums so I thought I'd write up a long update to let those who are curious know where we're at in regard to Lithmeria's development. The list of updates and features below is not comprehensive and in fact begins at around the time of the PvP Beta we held in the second half of last year.
We've been working flat out since then and thought it might be time to show off some of what we've achieved.

For those who haven't been following the game's development, here are some basic facts:

- Lithmeria: The Endless Siege is a MUD in development
- In many ways, Lithmeria is our attempt at creating the MUD we always wanted to play. No feature too complex, no request too pie in the sky.
- Lithmeria is built on a completely custom built engine employing a C++/Lua hybrid
- Lithmeria is set on a fictional, fantasy world of the same name.
- Technology is at a pre-gunpowder level but magic both elemental and arcane plays a huge role.
- Lithmeria will be an RP enforced MUD that will seek to cater to players of every conceivable inclination from PvErs, to duelists, world PvPers, mass PvPers, explorers, crafters, merchants and roleplayers.
- Lithmeria is a 'balance/equilibrium' MUD which means that most attacks are directly activated and have a balance or equilibrium cooldown before another attack can be used.
- Lithmeria has fully afflict-able mobs. All offensive abilities work on mobiles much as they do on players.
- Lithmeria's PvP will be balanced around small group combat, emphasizing tactics and strategy over sheer numbers
- There is no release date set for Lithmeria as of yet. When asked to guesstimate, the head coder threw a shoe at me and yelled that he's not releasing it until it's right.

The Lithmeria forums can be found as well as in most of the links below.

Note: Lithmeria is always looking for builders and we have what we believe to be the one of the most simple yet powerful building UIs out there. If you feel you have patience, dedication and creative spark, this is the builder recruitment . It includes walk through videos and pretty screenshots!

Player Class SkillsSailing and the high seas

Last edited by Elvarlyn : 04-12-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Elvarlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
Elvarlyn

Re: Lithmeria development Update! A next generation MUD takes shape...

Player Divisions

Gods and ReligionTradeskillsQuests

LoreRace Art------

These are just some of the changes we've implemented since PvP Beta! We hope to see you around the forums and eventually, in game.

If anyone has any questions, please do post them here and I'll make a point of checking back and replying as often as I can. Alternatively, head to our forums!

- Elvarlyn
Old 07-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Elvarlyn

Short note!

In addition to a whole stack of new features I won't list here, Lithmeria now has:Check them out to keep up to date with the latest.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough

Nice looking wiki + website, congrats!
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
Elvarlyn

Thanks a lot!

We'll be adding more game integration to the website once release is at hand!