Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 07-23-2003, 04:31 PM   #1
macdaddy7

macdaddy7 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I have been playing on Elysium RPG for 1 1/2 years. It is very diverse and different from any other MUD I have played (which would be over 100). Even if I tried to leave, I would always come back. I warn you, MUD is addictive, play at your own risk. It is not your average MUD. There is no hack n slash. You use your skills to succeed. The administration could use some help, but most don't care what happens to anyone they don't like....one of the downfalls. There are 15 guilds so far and 5 unique orders to join. The 9 cities are run by players yourself, which positions such as Emperor, Minister of State, Minister of Trade, Minister of War, Minister of Justice, Minister of the Unknown, chief judge, assistant judge and chief engineer. Come check it out, you'll never want to play another MUD again.
macdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 05:13 PM   #2
darmir

darmir is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darmir Send a message via Yahoo to darmir
What's the URL?
darmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:28 PM   #3
macdaddy7

Sorry, I meant to put that.

The website is:

You can reach it at: elysium-rpg.com port: 7777
Old 07-23-2003, 08:39 PM   #4
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
I noticed that you have the options of buying credits at this game. Your character will get tired quicker, gain lessons slower etc. Do you play without buying credits? If so, does the increased time it takes to do things bother you?

I'm off to try to game out anyways. It does sound like a good one. I was just curious.
thanks!
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 09:40 PM   #5
macdaddy7

Yeah, I purchase credits regularly. When I don't have them though, it doesn't bother me about getting tired or hungrier quicker, but I think 10 hours to gain a whole lesson is pretty long. Maybe if it were cut down a little it would be better, but oh well. You don't really need credits to have a good time. Many people are willing to rp with you if you feel like it, there are many guilds to join or Gods to worship. I've been an emperor a couple times, it was a good experiance. Anyways, no, it doesnt really bother me. Well, the game is down right now but I expect is should be back up by tomorrow, so keep trying.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:30 AM   #6
darmir

darmir is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darmir Send a message via Yahoo to darmir
First of all, I don't mind playing a Pay to Play mud, but the way the pricing is for credits is really outrageous. Most Pay to Play muds cost arount $10, but it seems to me the credits on Elysium is a bit high..
It does state that you can play with buying credits, but I feel that is unfair. It doesn't make a fair game for each individual.
darmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 12:53 PM   #7
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Those who pay more, get more. But of course it's also true to say that those who play more, get more. Allowing those with lots of cash to advance faster isn't inheritently any more or less fair than allowing those with lots of time to advance faster.

Personally I wouldn't play such a mud either, but I wouldn't say it's any more "unfair" than most other muds.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 01:33 PM   #8
macdaddy7

I think KaVir is correct. A lot of the players with big money and all the skills, just come on an hour or so every other day, if that. Unless you want all the good skills over night (which is unrealistic) then it doesn't matter if you purchase credits or not. The more you play, the better. In time you will gain lessons, plus money and fame. You could be the emperor of a city without ever purchasing them, or run a guild. You don't need money to become the richest person alive with many ships and your own house (that you build and write up yourself). It is a great MUD, I didn't start purchasing credits until about 10 months after I started playing.

Elysium - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elysium RPG Vardonyth Advertising for Players 10 09-23-2005 06:21 PM
Elysium RPG- Now with Half the Lag! Vardonyth Advertising for Players 0 11-17-2004 12:41 PM
Elysium RPG-- We Need Crafters Vardonyth Advertising for Players 2 10-28-2004 10:39 AM
Elysium RPG macdaddy7 Advertising for Players 0 09-21-2003 04:23 PM