Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up OtherSpace: Millennium Open for Open Beta!

Arc I: Echoes of the Everwar

The year is 4008.

The galaxy continues to recover from the Everwar - a brutal conflict between the Orion Arm Union and the Nexus Concordance over access to ancient Kamir technology discovered beyond the multiverse nexus that allows the thoughts and experiences of a dying person to be transmitted to the mind of a clone.

It took the intervention of the roguish Gray Syndicate to end the war. The best mercenaries that Union credits could buy jacked the tech from the Nall.

After four years of battles among the stars, the Union sought an uneasy peace with the Concordance. Although both sides agreed to a cease fire, neither side has officially declared the war over. That's a boon for the Syndicate, which capitalizes on demilitarized zones, embargos, and blockades.

The Nall have long memories, though. They're not likely to soon forgive the treachery of the syndicate. Revenge may be served with fang and claw.

Join Otherspace: Millennium on the ground floor as it opens for Open Beta on June 28th, and help us write the first chapter in an all-new Otherspace saga! Featuring a solid balance of sleek, engaging plotlines run by both staff and players, a helpful and encouraging community, a playerbase of masterful rp’ers, and rp-enhancing code, it has been designed from the ground up to appeal to a broad base of rp’ers, from the military genius to the wily lowlife to the brilliant scientist to the social butterfly.

Skills, economy, and tactics combine to create a simple yet deep system that rewards ability and ingenuity. Our easy to learn but difficult to master crafting system encourages PC collaboration, and our NPC butler system allows PCs to set up businesses and peddle their own wares.

So what are you waiting for? Log on to jointhesaga.com: 3005 or check out our wiki at to check us out.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
Wik

Re: OtherSpace: Millennium Open for Open Beta!

Wow! I’m really surprised at the turnout so far. We really have something special going here, and the energy and enthusiasm I’m seeing from our brand new players is amazing! On that note, OtherSpace: Millennium will be holding an Open House from 7pm-12 EST on Saturday, June 28th at jointhesaga.com: 3005 so that anyone thinking about making a character on OtherSpace: Millennium can meet with existing beta testers and staffers to discuss the game, its direction, its features, and potential character concepts. Punch and cookies will be served. And as always, feel free to stop by whenever and we’ll do our best to help get you started. Hope to see you there!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
Wik

Alright, the Open House is now officially open for the next five hours. Come by and meet admins and players and get a feel for our game. Hope to see you there at jointhesaga.com: 3005!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #4
Wik

A belated thank you to everyone who came out to the open house and made our Open Beta opening a success! To those of you still interested in making a character, our staff of newbie helpers is ready to help cushion your entry and make it as painless as possible.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
SamGideon

SamGideon is on a distinguished road

As a player on the Open Beta, I have to say: Thumbs up.

I'm having a great time and I'm more than pleased with the bells and whistles being coded into the game (so I'm too lazy and don't want to roleplay baking blueberry pies all day, so with a bit of the business savvy skill and the npc company list I get to own my bar and run it as a business instead of day-to-day crafting) that are fun and actually allow you to do stuff without worrying too much about the econ system if that isn't your thing.

A thumbs up to to my fellow players, we're still a reasonbly small playerbase, but we're getting stuff done, which is nice. I've had a good few scenes even outside of Odin's event over the last couple of weeks.

For those of you who haven't joined us on OtherSpace: Millenium yet... now is a good time to make your mark on a new MUSH that has the benefit of veteran players and admin, but a fresh canvas in terms of story-telling.
SamGideon is offline   Reply With Quote