Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Builders and Areas
Click here to Register

Old 04-12-2004, 10:24 PM   #1
Gemini

Gemini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gemini
Red face

Well, as the topic title implies, im having a case of writers block. a very bad case at that. my current project is almost done, except for my room descriptions. they are not detailed enough to meet QC standards, and whenever i go to re-write them or detail them, my mind just freezes or wanders. ive tried and tried and tried to do it, but i just cant.

if i dont get these descriptions done soon, im toast! see, im an apprentice immortal, and i need to get this area done to become a real immortal. if i dont, i am removed, and stuck as a player again, and i really dont want to do that. i love what i do

I dont know what to do, so im hoping maybe you guys have some ideas. anything at all is very appriecated
Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:21 AM   #2
erdos

My advice would be, read the Silmarillion. Then you will find that you can't build the rooms fast enough to release all the creativity, and writing the descriptions will be the best part of building! But, you say you're on time constraints, that really bites, all I can recommend then is try to get in a relaxed, contented mood, then try the room descs, in any case trying while you are frustrated will accomplish nothing but to embarrass you in front of your QC. Best of luck.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:09 PM   #3
Gemini

Gemini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gemini
I may just be cured. today i just sat down and started writing. it took a long time, cause i kept getting distracted, but I completely rewrote one room, with descriptions and all the little extras, and its being QC'ed as i type. sure is taking a while though... ah well. i'll be back to see what she says, but i suspect this thread is just about over!

oh, and thanks erdos. i will make sure to read that once this area is done.

EDIT: yep yep, a few mistakes, one espically common, but nothing major. my 2 month writers block has been purged from my brain!
Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote

Writers block - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Kid on the Block durt Introduce Yourself 3 07-24-2006 02:12 PM
Builders and Writers AlazlamBL Advertising for Staff 1 02-06-2004 05:55 AM
Seeking Theme Writers! Tamaterelian Advertising for Staff 0 10-13-2003 11:37 AM
Theme Writers and Questors Leeandra Advertising for Staff 0 09-23-2003 11:50 AM
Artists and Writers Azeroth Advertising for Staff 0 07-03-2003 12:49 PM