Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 11-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #1
Yuki

Yuki is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yuki
Talking

Long story, but here's the gist of it.

About a month ago, our service went to the ****ter as the company that was hosting us moved to a datacenter and left us behind on some nappy Quest DSL that'd bomb out every weekend. Whenever there was an issue with the server (powering off, problems, whatever) any sort of tech was more than 2 hours away.

Some problems happened occasionally and it made me start considering to move the server. I had been hosted for free for over 4 years on a T3 connection with excellent service at this place until now, and I was just hoping it'd blow over.

It never did. One day the server went down and stayed down. Apparently it was stuck in a fsck loop for a few days and no one could look at it.

I finally just figured if it had been down this long, it was a good time to move it. I paid to have it shipped to me.

I got it early last week, fixed the error, got everything up and running again.

So... the server is fixed and is now being hosted right next to me where I softly caress its metal underbelly.

Our new IP address is 24.208.136.15 port 9000

The webpage does not work yet as I need to get the DNS redirected over more than just port 80 right now.

On a side note, after taking three years to get my life on track (graduate college, get a career going with a nice job, girlfriend, stability) I'm back running things on the mud.

The three years in which we've languished will either expire or I'll shut the mud down as dying a slow death is stupid. Lots of changes and fixes have been going on lately. We have coders again. We have people interested in playing. We have change. Bards are nearly completed. More on the way.

daedalmacabre.org:9000

I'll personally pump the heroin through the keyboard keys for you.
Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Daedal Macabre is back up! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daedal Macabre Triple Experience Weekend! Yuki Advertising for Players 0 09-03-2006 04:48 PM
Daedal Macabre Promotional Weekend!!! Yuki Advertising for Players 0 06-30-2006 03:57 PM
Daedal Macabre Server has moved! Yuki MUD Announcements 0 01-21-2006 12:45 PM
Daedal Macabre Raeven Advertising for Players 15 03-15-2004 08:26 PM
Daedal Macabre new Supercomputer for server!! Yuki Advertising for Players 2 07-30-2002 05:31 AM