Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 07-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Kitriel

Kitriel is on a distinguished road
Looking for builders/designers

Hello all, my name is Kitriel and I have just recently finished the core of my mud(decided to make it from scratch) and want to take it into the alpha phase, or world-design phase. Whatever you want to call it phase.

Basically, i'm looking for a good solid team of 3 to 4 more builders that have a good grasp of the english language and a sound creativity. They should also be good at working in a team environment, as I will be putting emphasis on quality over quantity. A 20 room area with indepth story, quality descriptions and solid quests is invariably more important to me than a 200 room area with 2 line descriptions or room names like "YOU FELL DOWN, OH NOES!!!!"... Names and descriptions like that are unacceptable to me and will not go into the game.

I'm hoping to get a solid 5 man(or woman) team of "head builders" that will, in the beginning stages, work together to form a good solid world that flows and feels like one big area. Once this is setup, hiring additional builders will commence and the game will enter beta phase, or actual testing phasing, whatever you want to call it. The original 5 or so builders will continue to oversee areas new builders create, helping them and making sure everything fits into the world. Basically, their job in beta is to oversee, continue to build areas, and to make sure the world still and continues to feel like one big area.

To give you an idea of the world(to see if it interests you), here are a few notes in point form:
-The world has 5 continents that act as "world maps"(think old school snes world maps, like Final Fantasy, Lufia and more)
-The above continents are governed by a single race each(Human, Drow, High-Elf, Halfling and Minotaur)
-There is a newbie island which acts like a 6th "world map" or "continent". All newbies begin here and will stay until level 6(of a maximum of 30). -- This is priority #1 for the team of builders.
-There is an overseeing "Council" that is made up of the leaders of each race. The Council of Eternity(which is the muds name, CoE for short) is centuries old and is not going anywhere soon. This will be a presence throughout the game, shown through rumours and what not.
-As the world expands, areas will be uncovered that simply cannot be soloed. These areas will begin to come into play at level 10 and continue upwards.

If this interests you at all, please feel free to contact me through the forums via private message or e-mail me(), and i will forward the games ip/port so that you can log on and see for yourself what is in the making. The reason I am not supplying the ip and port openly is because I don't want the game to be seen without content. I want players' first response to be "WOW", and not "Ah, cool." as it would be right now with no world content except a vague general layout of the newbie island.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post and I hope it wasn't a complete waste of your time!

-Kitriel

*Edited to fix a typo

Last edited by Kitriel : 07-21-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Kitriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for builders/designers

What are the other mechanics/systems/features you either have in your game or are planning on? Or is it essentially similar to something like Circle/ROM?
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Kitriel

As far as I know, it's a one of a kind mud. It's not based on any other code base, made from the ground up by me(without ever looking in depth at any other code beforehand). A few 'features' I can list without giving too much away...

-Everything is real time, from regeneration to combat. (weapon attack speeds for example, and there's no 'tick' in game. You regenerate every second)
-Threat and Hate system that makes controlling mobs a bit more difficult than "I hit first so the mob is always on me". Every action you do either creates threat or hate.
-Lua integrated. There are plenty of options for scripts, from entering a room to equipping or even sacrificing an item.
-There are world maps... not sure how to describe this one, but basically a "zoomed out" map that you can walk around on and enter different areas.
-Skills and spells will earn experience and level. As skills/spells level, you can customize them by putting points into 1 of 4 categories that every skill and spell will have(which are unique to each ability)
-You start as 1 of 4 classes(the basic Thief, Warrior, Cleric and Mage), and at lvl 10 you pick a "specialization", which has 3 options based on your class. Then at lvl 20 you pick a 3rd specialization(also 3 options). So in the end there is 52 classes. Also, classes cannot "cross"... meaning a thief can never specialize into anything magic or warrior related. They stick to their base class and expand on it.

An example class path: Thief -> Venomist -> Plaguebringer.

I could go on, but i'll leave some mystery to the game and for when i'm actually advertising for players.

Thanks for your interest,
-Kitriel

Edit: Here's an example skill that will be added for warrior.

Last edited by Kitriel : 07-21-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Kitriel

Still have 2 to 3 slots still open for the team of builders. If you're interested, drop me a PM on these forums or e-mail me().

Thanks again for your interest guys and gals.

-Kitriel
Old 07-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
Elvarlyn

Elvarlyn is on a distinguished road

I just wanted to pop my head in and say that this looks like one of the more innovative, interesting and lovingly crafted MUDs coming up. In a world of stock-trash, throw-away projects and stolen IP MUDs it's really refreshing to see someone put the time, effort and care into creating a product that's worthy of what the genre could be.

I really hope that the community can spare the builders Kitriel needs to get his game going. I really do.

- Elvarlyn
Elvarlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
Kitriel

Thank you for the positive post, Elvarlyn. I wish your mud great success as well and whenever you bunch finish up the building over there and release the game, i'll be sure to take a look-see. I find it interesting to browse and see what "custom" coded MUD's are out there to see what i'm up against

On a side note, only 1 to 2 positions remaining to be a part of CoE's founding staff.

-Kitriel