Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 04-26-2004, 01:48 PM   #1
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Ok, here I am again.  I'm looking for a game that has maybe slipped under my radar.  For a while, I've been playing Dragon's Gate, a few other games, and now Armageddon.  Now I'm pretty much stuck on Arm, but I would love to have a fantasy game as well. I love Arm, and it would be great if I could find a game that is set up like it is, but is a high-fantasy and magic type game.

What I'm looking for.

~Intensive Roleplay.

~Player-run shops, clans, etc.

~A nice sized player base.

~Crafting! A must for me.

~Skill-based system.  I'm not a hack and slash person, unless I'm playing a hunter or something.

~An active staff

~An nice religion system with active gods.

~Perma-death would be great. If they game does have this, it must have a lot of my other requests.

I haven't tried out games in some time and I'm pretty sure new games have come out and old games might have improved since then.  

Also, here are some MUDS, that I have tried at some time and need not apply.  Thanks!

Armageddon - I play there already and love it!

DartMUD - I just couldn't get with the gear dropping on the ground everytime I quit.

Evarayn - Nice game, but I think I was always at the wrong place at the wrong time for RP.  It just strikes me as a hack and slash, more than an RP game.

Dragon's Gate - Again, a nice game that held my attention for quite some time. But most of the RP centered around PVP.

Accursed Lands - I would have loved this game. BUT, when I was having trouble with the game I got alot of "Find out yourself" from the newbie channel.  When I didn't get that I got some "find out IC", which I wouldn't have been a big deal if there were more players around to find out ICly from. I was getting kind of fustrated after a while.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:10 PM   #2
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Well, two great games that come to mind are Harshlands and Shadows of Isildur.  The former is based on the Harn gaming system, which is really a low-magic game, and the latter is set in Tolkien's Middle-Earth several hundred years prior to LOTR.

While the meaning confuses many, both are what's commonly refered to as Role-Playing Intensive.

Present in both though you will have to apprentice before owning your own. In SoI, good RP is rewarded through role-playing points which can be used in creating your next character and skipping apprenticeships, selecting exotic races, etc.

Harshlands' playerbase is smaller than SoI's and both are smaller than Arm's, but both have been growing lately.

Both feature crafting, with quite an impressive array of crafts.

Both are skill-based and even as a hunter, it won't be H&S.  In fact, combat is pretty scary and realistically dangerous.

Both have an excellent staff.

While SoI's "religion" isn't very present aside from a cult, Harshlands features a pantheon of 10 gods and goddesses.  Though the gods stay relatively out of contact with the people of the island (though one lives there), their followers nevertheless create incredible tension and conflict.

There's no better way to go.  Both are permanent-death, all the more reason why combat is so intense.

Good luck in your quest!

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote