Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 06:07 PM   #61
Koryon

Koryon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Koryon Send a message via MSN to Koryon
Well, we just want our 5 cents worth, so... bye bye now, ciao, take the long road home, get back to where you once belonged, leave here on a jet plane, drive, take a train; fly by plane; getting tired; sick and tired, gone away, sit on the dock of the bay (and fall off), closing time, into the coven, across the universe, time of your life (you know, good riddance), come out and play, Sail Away (on the river Styx), get your roll on, runaround, otherside, knockin' on heaven's door, against the wind, or maybe just be movin' to Kashmir?

(Patiently awaiting the RIAA lawyers).
Old 05-02-2002, 06:11 PM   #62
Alastair

Alastair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alastair
Talking

I think it's about time for a thread lock here.

Please?
Old 05-02-2002, 06:26 PM   #63
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
Old 05-02-2002, 06:32 PM   #64
Seth

Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Old 05-02-2002, 06:38 PM   #65
Xanferious

Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
why does some people think that a few of us who dislike typing more then 10 words just want to see post counts go up? , if it snoz could, i would have my stars and post count removed, because im not here for the counts or the stars, nor is anyone else execpt for the 2 people that keep saying praise the spam.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:44 PM   #66
Orion Elder

If you aren't doing it to simply get your post count, why ARE you posting something that contributes NOTHING to a thread? Do you think 'heh...' contributes anything to a thread? I can undoubtedly say that I am 100% sure it does NOT.

So, are you doing it to get your post count up, or is it that you think people really care about your posts that contribute nothing to the thread, other than a waste of space (aka you're an egomaniac)? Which is it?
Old 05-02-2002, 06:49 PM   #67
Xanferious

lets see i spamed only 1 thread which was my own thread on the old forums. why cant you understand that to simply say something doesnt take 5 billion words! my god not many people like to type so much, i have added in some of the topics but not all topics even interst me, and if i was a spammer like some think i would have spammed every thread in the forums....... maybe some people like you think that post counts is the only thing that define's a good poster, there are alot of good posters int hese forums, just quite your crying and read, is it so hard to click the mouse to a differnt thread?
Old 05-02-2002, 06:52 PM   #68
Seth

Who are you refering to with that post, Orion? Xanferious or me? (it's kind of hard to keep track in this "discussion"...)
Old 05-02-2002, 06:52 PM   #69
Orion Elder

There is a difference between being succinct, and contributing nothing. You contribute nothing with 'heh...' I don't give a damn HOW much you try to say otherwise... 'heh...' as a response on a thread is not a contribution. It's a waste of space, so instead quit YOUR whining, 'Mr. I Don't Spam.'
Old 05-02-2002, 07:01 PM   #70
Xanferious

you need to re read the fourms i prob used heh like 1 time, see you keep refering to the old forums which is no longer here, prehaps you should restae your opoin's and look who is the one crying over spilt milk..... and im sorry to break this to you , i dont spam.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:47 PM   #71
Orion Elder

I've seen it once here, and once on the GodWars II post from KaVir. It's probably been used more elsewhere, but... well... to be quite honest it's not worth my time to look for them just to prove a point to someone who claims they don't spam, when they damn well do.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:01 PM   #72
Xanferious

thats because i maybe used it like 1 time. i did it alot on the old forums so get your fact straight before you speak and stop your crying,
thankyou
Old 05-02-2002, 08:05 PM   #73
Seth

People, please...

This is getting mighty dull.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:07 PM   #74
Orion Elder

No, you've used it at least twice on the NEW forums. Quit trying to skew the facts you incompetent twit. If you're going to lie, at least change the places you used it so that it doesn't look like you are.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:11 PM   #75
Xanferious

I agree but some people that cant get there facts straight and rely on the sole basis of the old forums to make there judgement. its kinda sad tho to see them like that, they cannot adapt to a new forum and think everything should be there way. when in fact its up to the forum admin to really say who spams and who doesn't. I personal dont spam, I dont like writing huge threads to state a simple comment
Old 05-02-2002, 08:48 PM   #76
LikitaRenn

LikitaRenn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LikitaRenn Send a message via AIM to LikitaRenn Send a message via MSN to LikitaRenn
oh, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! can we say pathetic!?!? the only place i post in is "general", mostly in the tavern, which says, as you quoted, "Come in, have a drink! The place to post about anything, as long as it doesn't belong in one of the other forums.", it doesn't say "post anything MUD RELATED that doesn't belng in the other forums", and we're not "spamming everyone into oblivion" by replying to things, even if it's one word, or seems pointess to YOU. i think that you guys are the ones being selfish by trying to limit what we can talk about! i mean, if you want serious discussions, then isn't that why the "discussions" part of the forums is there? pardon me, but you are the ones being jerks by trying to ruin our fun with your boring bull ####. and i think you're wasting a lot more space with your LONG, BORING, redundant replies in this thread, then a "heh" here or there. can we please drop it??? i mean, seriously! you guys need to get a life if a few FUN posts have that big of an effect on your lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-likita
Old 05-02-2002, 09:25 PM   #77
Xanferious

i agree.
Old 05-03-2002, 05:02 AM   #78
Alastair

That proves everyone's point.

It's painstakingly obvious you agree, you said so much in about 40 posts in this thread alone.

You didn't add a shred of substance to the discussion.

And Orion, I start to disagree. Xan doesn't spam.

He trolls.

Again, thread lock, please!
Old 05-03-2002, 08:52 AM   #79
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
NO I WONT LOCK IT !!
And now,I wont let you all go until you'll wont see my point at last !!

Just one question : Is this place for you JUST AND ONLY place to find and share information,
or its also to find friends,talk a bit,have fun , at last !

As for me,its almost home now,if you didnt noticed..and hey..I think its ok to spam a post or two at home !
And if so many people doesnt likes me,hey,why Im not yet banned ?

HEYYAY !! IF YA DONT LIKE ME THAT MUCH ,IF YA DONT NEED ME THERE,ALLRIGHT GO AHEAD AND BAN ME OUT !!

sure,it wont make me happy..but hey,im not against democracy,im against DICTATURE,and hey,its what are you doing now ! You're telling us to shut up just because you want so ! Hey,I think if all would be THAT bad now,I think Synozeer would have noticed us already !!!
Old 05-03-2002, 09:02 AM   #80
Alastair

Oh, you are a moderator since when?

Whatfor? You said you'd leave if the poll says so. The poll says so. Why are you still here?

Since you obviously keep missing the point, I'll type it again, extra slow for you so that you can follow:

- Nobody objects to people having fun
- Everybody objects against spam
- Spam doesn't mean fun, except to you and your three supporters
- Spam cannot be ignored, because it downloads with every thread.
- Downloading 1-liners of pointless drivel is annoying, not fun
- Outside of the USA, local phone calls are not free. People on dial-up have to pay for downloading the spam.
- Paying because someone keeps posting inane one-liners isn't fun.
- Paying for spam isn't fun either.

Got that finally? Have fun if you want, but if your notion of fun involves posting inane drivel and spamming, would you please do so elsewhere? Thank you in advance.
If you prefer, non-americans could send you their phone bills, though.

Oh, and a hint: it's located at the left edge of your keyboard. Between the tab and the shift keys. Press once to release it.

HTH & HAND
Closed Thread

To spam or not to Spam ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spam Baram Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 08-20-2006 10:04 AM
[SPAM] Chatterbox One Orion Elder Tavern of the Blue Hand 14 05-10-2002 08:49 PM
a spam fourm Xanferious Bugs and Suggestions 0 05-10-2002 07:51 PM
Praise the Spam !! Shao_Long Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 04-29-2002 01:20 PM