Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 08-13-2002, 11:23 PM   #41
Kenjar

Kenjar is on a distinguished road
I'm only 2 and a half year owld .

My faeorite muds are "Teddy Adventure" and "Defender's of the Diaper throne", although I also enjoy "Lands of Elmo".
Kenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 02:24 PM   #42
AlazlamBL

AlazlamBL is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I've been mudding for almost 3 years now. I'm 16, and find that there are plenty of mudders out there that are in their late teens, around 18 or 19 years old. I've actually encountered less mudders in their 20s then there seem to be out there, and I've never met anyone over 35. I guess my experiences kind of go against what other people see out there. I like roleplay, and currently am working as an Implementor on a RP mud under development.

Just one question, how come no one who applies as staff seems to be as mature as the people that replied to this post? I've seen tons of people apply, but they're all in their early-mid teens. I get maybe they're power-hungry or something, but still, they expect to be hired, and then do nothing and be an immortal. It's just wierd. I suppose the intellectuals out there spend their time on this board, and not the advertising for staff one ^_^
AlazlamBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 07:03 PM   #43
Mahin

Mahin is on a distinguished road
13 here, I started mudding a year and so months ago, started after my brothers got hooked. At first I thought i was the only person this young..heh.

Mahin
Mahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 08:35 PM   #44
Alajha

Alajha is on a distinguished road
Alajha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 11:17 PM   #45
Enzo

Enzo is on a distinguished road
This is pretty cool. There's a large number of ages out there. I also find it kinda sad that there aren't very many people my age out there MUDing. I'm 13 right now (for those who don't know). These statistics could be used for a lot of things too. Thanks for the votes and posts.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 01:06 PM   #46
vexen

vexen is on a distinguished road
I started mudding when i was 7 or 8 years old. I am now 14 and running my own mud. When i use to play 'Twilight of the Soul' i was the youngest on there until a kid i know's little brother started who is 1 month younger then me started playing, but that was when i was about 10 or 11. Also he never go very far. Most of the mudders on twilight found it hard to believe how young i was because i ended up being the 2nd biggest on there, well at least before i quit, someone may have rose up higher than me after i quit. The reason i have told you this is to say that young mudders can be very good because they can play for a lot longer than someone who starts at the age of 16 or something, eventually most everyone has to get a life, but at a young age you have a long time util then ;p
                      -Vexen-
vexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 02:16 AM   #47
Enzo

Old 09-02-2002, 05:23 PM   #48
meemathal

meemathal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to meemathal Send a message via MSN to meemathal
I started mudding in 95  when my sons were playing, they started there own mud and they needed an imm for newbie council and they made me it,  that was awhile ago, they have gone and come back but I am still hooked and still the oldest  in the lands, but 46 is not old i still think i am 16.
Isn't the saying go You are only as old as you feel, so feel young, you will live longer and enjoy life and mudding.
meemathal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 09:51 PM   #49
CSmith_Fan

CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
3..yepthat's when i discovered the fun of puddles and..erm..Whoops! Thought you meant playing in actual mud..heh just kidding.
Seriously though..I was introed to MUDs back in 95 but have been a dice chucker since around 82. I'm 33 and i've met some damn good Rpers out there that are younger..I've alos met some around my age that you would swear is some pre-teen off their Ritlin. Age does have some bearing sometimes and being older can be somewhat beneficial. i mean take OOC channels for example..let's say you're 17 and you got problems IRL..on your MUD are some 20-30 yos. So via Chat (or tells) these older types might be able to help out because they might've been in the same spot or something similar, but..it is somewhat daunting to find out you are about 15 years older then the Implementor on the MUD you play on, yet makes for some funny moments.
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 10:13 PM   #50
Enzo

Old 09-23-2002, 02:58 AM   #51
Jaewyn

Jaewyn is on a distinguished road
Jaewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 04:14 PM   #52
crymerci

crymerci is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to crymerci Send a message via Yahoo to crymerci
crymerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 01:57 AM   #53
Thirishri

Thirishri is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Thirishri Send a message via MSN to Thirishri
Greetings and Salutations =P,
This topic is one that is prone to burst into an undiscernable mess of nashing dentures and hardcore barbie dolls. ::looks around:: I'm sorry, I don't understand what I just said either.

I am 14 and have been MUDding since I was about 12. I became addicted to MUDs and didn't think twice about my age.

I've found that many a time the adults are behaving in a more child-like manner than the children and I find this amusing. This is not what happens usually, but it is quite ironic that an adult can be behaving like a three year old whilst belting out "pay-outs" about another player's maturity levels which by far surpass their own, is it not?

As I forgot the topic of this thread before I started typing, I am quite certain that this will be off track and no one will bother reading nor responding to it. But what can you do? =P

I have found though, that whilst my age may be cause for discrimination and harassment, my imm titles can quickly clear that up, and, if played correctly, can actually earn a li'l respect for the youth of the MUDding community.
I'm done now,
-Thirishri

P.S. After reviewing the thread, I have come to remember the topic. The youngest player I have seen was an 11 year old and the oldest would have to be my Grandfather who played before his recent passing away. He was 72. MUDding is for anyone! Woo!
Thirishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 07:30 PM   #54
TG_Hammar

TG_Hammar is on a distinguished road
I am 30 and have only been MUDding for about 5 years.

I have no idea where these kids find time to MUD. When I was in school, the spare time I actually did have was spent making babies...but maybe if I had MUDded, I wouldnt have been a daddy at 15.

*ponders the road not taken*
TG_Hammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:27 AM   #55
Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne is on a distinguished road
Oh, what the hell.

I'm a nice, even 17 years old. And it makes me a very angry person.

I LOVE RP, despite my whole cyberninja persona. If I get a chance to participate in good RP I go into flutters. A good GAME, something to interest me between RP sessions is nice, but just slipping into a character is damn fun sometimes.

That being said, most RP = "adult" = not suitable for under 18 people. This is what turns me into an angry person. I am 2 months away from being 18. I am not bothered by "adult" situations, I don't go about spouting lewdness. And yet, when I tell my actual age...

I don't like lying about my age. But sometimes I have to, and that makes me sad.

~Mnem.
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 05:02 PM   #56
Ingham

Old 10-05-2002, 05:15 PM   #57
Sylvado

Sylvado is on a distinguished road
I'm 47.

Yes, I used punched cards for my programming class which was Fortran. I also had to use a slide rule, required class, for the first year until the first calculator was sold. $100 for five functions and a Pi key!
Sylvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 09:48 PM   #58
Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne is on a distinguished road
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 03:04 PM   #59
Teether

Teether is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Teether
I started MUDing in '00 and I was 14 then. The MUD I play most people range from like 13-35, not too many oldies I'd guess you could say. I know one of my clan elders started when he was 7 and is 15 now. And the oldest person is some guy that's been here forever, he's like 35 now.
Teether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 10:19 PM   #60
The Vorpal Tribble

The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
<span id='ME'><center>The Vorpal Tribble stands up and nods to the assembly</center></span>

Hello. I am 19, going on 20, known as the Vorpal Tribble and I am a MUDder. I actually played my first text game (not online, but on my Dad's old Apple, bright green screen and all) when I was 5. It consisted of you being dumped on an island and you just did a few hundred things and you eventually solved it. Then I moved onto Huge Cave. My Dad played it while he was going in college and there were no such things as PCs (and if any of you 'old farts' happen to still have it I'd love to try to solve it again, never could when I was 7, and can't find it for download anywheres). Then I moved on to the animated Hugo games where you typed in every command and took many weeks to figure out. Then the internet came to my house!  I started playing my first MUD when I was 16. I am now a MUDder, MUSHer, and online AD&Der. I don't even own a nintendo 64 or gamebox or anything like that. I much prefer text games that you have to use your brain and imagination. As for those who don't think the old guys can play, my Dad codes on a MUD and he's above 40 and below 50.  I generally prefer much older players, more of a challenge, but I have also met 30-40 year olds who were nothing but jerks. And I agree, most people my age or younger are generally a bunch of 24k idiots and ruin a MUD. But, I have a 16 year old friend who plays and I'd rate him above most people twice my age. I've also met a few others who are very cool, smart, imaginative, and decently mature. I'd say that age really doesn't matter, just depends on the person.

<span id='ME'><center>The Vorpal Tribble runs out of the room on his fingertips!</center></span>
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote

Young Mudders vs. Old Mudders - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Websites MUDders Like Orion Elder Tavern of the Blue Hand 68 06-13-2012 09:05 PM
non-mudders zombiedepot Newbie Help 13 07-11-2008 11:44 AM
Happy Mudders Day! TMSOne Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 05-13-2007 03:17 PM
Mudders, nerds or not? Hannah Tavern of the Blue Hand 40 10-09-2002 09:08 AM
TO all mudders! Soup_Nazi Tavern of the Blue Hand 5 05-29-2002 02:45 AM