Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 11-05-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
Smith

Smith is on a distinguished road
The Dead Of Night mud can now be played via GoogleChat or other jabber compatible IM, which I am told includes AIM.

In order to play Dead Of Night mud via GoogleChat, just add either
or as a contact and then send them a message. Use whichever name gives you best performance.

Of course, the experience isn't as good as with a real mud client, but it can be useful for all those times you've wanted to MUD, but have been on a computer you couldn't install your favourite mud client on, or the firewall/proxy prevents you from accessing the mud.

GoogleChat can be used directly from the Google mail webpage, without requiring you to install any software, all you have to have is a gmail account. I recommend clicking pop-out so you can make the window bigger - and selecting to go off the record (especially while entering your password).
Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
aegora

aegora is on a distinguished road
aegora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
Smith

Smith is on a distinguished road
Not sure if that's going to work - the player who was using AIM says it only works with the latest version of AIM Triton. However, the theory is certainly good. I imagine the latency would be terrible.

If the AIM terms and conditions didn't rule out bots - I'd add an AIM account to do the same. Same goes for MSN.
Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
SaitoDoN

SaitoDoN is on a distinguished road
Actually, the new system is Awesome Smith. It's really cool for those people who study in groups, so that it's not blatantly obvious you're playing a game when someone looks over. As well, it helps keep in touch with the goings on in DoN by letting allowing one not to dedicate the system memory or temptation of opening an actual client.

Can hardly wait til you get it to MSN.
SaitoDoN is offline   Reply With Quote

Play Dead Of Night Via IM - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dead of Night Bloodline Advertising for Players 4 01-03-2006 04:21 AM
Hell Night Maelztrom MUD Announcements 0 12-31-2002 02:18 AM
Brody on Radio Sci-Fi Saturday Night! Brody MUD Announcements 2 06-22-2002 01:42 AM
I think at this time of the night Zerop Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 04-27-2002 02:06 AM
EXERCISE: Building the perfect one-night plot Brody Roleplaying and Storytelling 0 04-22-2002 06:05 PM