Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Coding
Click here to Register

Old 01-13-2003, 09:09 PM   #1
Verboden Faction

I am having issues removing the Board system on my mud. It came installed, and I can't find anything on how to remove it and I don't know where all the pieces of it are. Also need ot know what to put in for the general notes, changes, ideas, and all that. Thanks
Old 01-13-2003, 10:16 PM   #2
visko

visko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to visko Send a message via AIM to visko
Well, the first questions that come to mind are...

What code base?

Have you started with the commands used by the player, and followed up/down the function chain to find all of the different things that go into the note/board system?

-Visko
visko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 10:29 PM   #3
Verboden Faction

I just realized how vague I was in the orginal post. Ok, what my issue is is just this: The ROM codebase I have came with the BOARD system installed for the notes. Such as that there are no ideas, changes, ideas, penalties, none of that. There are different boards that people can post to and read from, like General, Personal, Idea, and such. I do not like that system. I would like to uninstall it and reinstall the orginal four type note system that comes with the basic codebases. How would I go about doing that?
Old 01-13-2003, 10:42 PM   #4
visko

visko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to visko Send a message via AIM to visko
visko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 12:21 AM   #5
Verboden Faction

My issue with that is that I just tried, and screwed it up, so i put up my backup files, but another thing is that there is no snippet type thing that explains what i need to make the orignal note system found in the orginal rom to work. Anyone ever done this before? I mean, gone from the orginal system to this board system and then back again?
Old 01-14-2003, 07:05 PM   #6
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough

Download board-2.zip (not tgz). I think thats the one that tells you how to add the board system, so you should be able to use it to remove them.

Most likely you're having problems because Erwins board system puts a player in a different connected state when writing notes, and these are declared in nanny.c and merc.h. Often overlooked.

Hope this helps.
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote

Board and Note system - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stats System darmir Advanced MUD Concepts 14 03-10-2006 05:17 PM
Board Help Xerihae Newbie Help 0 03-10-2003 09:57 PM
in reply to a post homes that was on another board rockcrusher_sargon Advertising for Players 0 09-27-2002 02:11 PM
system calls Emit MUD Coding 5 07-21-2002 08:44 AM
Long time ago, when the message board was crusty Yuki Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 06-21-2002 02:40 AM