Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD and RPG Webmasters
Click here to Register

Old 02-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
This game's shooting up the ranks on the listing, but I'm pretty sure (unless I'm somehow mistaken) that Crimson Moon is a browser based game, not a MUD.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Hardly surprising - they give within the game, and TMS doesn't even appear to be listed on their (the one where "these links to vote will not give you the in-game bonuses").
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
I don't think running in a browser has anything to do with whether something is a MUD or not. All of our MUDs run in a browser, for instance. The browser is just a client program that can be used to interface with a server, no different from Zmud or the crappy Windows telnet program.

What disqualifies this as a MUD in my mind is that it basically lacks any sort of simulation of a 'world'. It's got a handful of locations you teleport to that are little more than glorified IRC Chatrooms. There also seems to be (I barely tried the game out, as it is not to my taste) no real-time updates of what's going on around you.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
TMSOne

TMSOne is on a distinguished road
Quite happy to have a very loose description of what constitutes a MUD, but combined with the very clear rewards for voting ... site removed temporarily until owner responds with understanding of the rule and intent to remove the rewards.

TMSOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #5
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Crimson moon has risen to the top 20 once again, and still has that blurb on their "server 1" link to voting that votes from -that- page will not give them the in-game bonuses. This implies that voting from some -other- page will give them in-game bonuses. And since Topmudsites isn't on that first link page, and they managed to get onto the top 20 list, one can only conclude that the voting link for Topmudsites only appears on the page that gives them in-game bonuses.

Not to mention - when you click on "info" they're not even listed in the mudlist. Every single line on the info thing is blank.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:29 AM   #6
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Great..
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #7
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #8
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
When a player clicks the "vote all" button, does it send that player to each website listed? I mean, are these players getting multiple browsers opening on their monitors, each with a different voting site? If not, then they are violating our rules, because the TMS rules state clearly that the link MUST open up to a TMS website.

If the player doesn't ever have to see TopMudSites when they vote, it defeats the whole purpose of the voting system - which is to get people here, to see this site.

Also - when you click "info" on their listing in the voting list, it -still- comes up with a failed message with no info. They're registered in the database and you can see it when you do a database search, but that link isn't linking to their info.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:59 PM   #9
TMSOne

TMSOne is on a distinguished road
Crimson Moon is gone. Apparently a new 'design feature' I just learned - a MUD will not appear in the search database but can still receive votes even before validated (Crimson Moon was not revalidated).
TMSOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Crimson Moon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Crimson Marches jornel Advertising for Players 0 05-27-2004 08:41 AM
The Crimson Marches jornel Advertising for Players 0 11-22-2003 09:01 AM
The Crimson Marches jornel Advertising for Players 0 09-26-2003 08:15 PM
The Crimson Marches jornel Advertising for Players 0 01-26-2003 02:54 PM
The Crimson Marches jornel Advertising for Players 0 09-26-2002 08:28 AM