Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 11-12-2002, 12:04 AM   #1
Grendal

Grendal is on a distinguished road
If any of the creators of Accursed Lands read this post, could you please leave some information about what has happened to the mud.

Accursed Lands crashed a week ago and hasn't been seen since.

All your loyal player addicts are wondering.......

"What happened" ?

If possible, could you give a time frame of when you expect the mud to be back up and running ?

================================
I've been forced to try to deal with real life.

My neighbors are wondering what happened to their bunny rabbits.
Wood shavings fill my back porch from whittling attempts.
All my trees and my neighbors trees have been cut down.
Eating a steak with my bare hands at a fine dining restaurant is more fun than I thought.
Hiking across town (nude) to the local pawn shop with some rabbit skins WILL get you arrested.

I need my Accursed Lands !!!!!!!!!
Grendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 03:49 AM   #2
The Vorpal Tribble

The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
I have heard that some sniveling little cowardly twinkish idgmo
sent us a tasty little worm that laid an egg in AL and it hatched. So who knows when it'll be back.
I've been having a tough time with it as well. Tried to beat up a deer with my bare hands. Then I realized I wasn't a mysrra. By the time AL is up I may have the casts off. Also got salmonella poisoning. Forgot, don't eat the chicke raw. Gotta cook it, man, cook it! Now I just go to bigfoot websites and look at drawings of the australian yowie. I LOVE YA MAN!
Ack! WHAT AM I SAYING! Please, please help me! I'm slipping! BY THE LIGHT OF YUZLA I LOSE MY MIND. But wait a minute... Yuzla isn't real either. Hahahahahahahaha! WOOPA! WOOPA! WOOPA! WOOPA! WOOPA! WOOPA! WOOPA! WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WO OPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!WOOPA!

<span id='ME'><center>The Vorpal Tribble suddenly slumps to the ground with 15 bars of fatigue</center></span>
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 04:08 AM   #3
Renshi Sanmight

Renshi Sanmight is on a distinguished road
Renshi Sanmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 08:14 AM   #4
Grendal

Old 11-12-2002, 07:30 PM   #5
Grendal

I don't know if there would be a need for a special section here at TMS for muds that experience large crashes, but it might be good to have a place where everyone could turn to for information about their mud in the event of a major crash.

Currently I have no other place to turn to for info about Accursed. I've e-mailed a creator, but I haven't heard any word yet. I'm hoping that someone will see my FLARE and leave a message here.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:11 AM   #6
Grendal

Well VT, it seems that you are the only one from the game that knows anything at all. I'm going to keep posting here so that the title will remain on the front page of TMS.

My worst case scenerio is that AL is completely trashed and the creators have said "hel with it" and just leave it closed.

Best case would be that they are taking advantage of the down time to load up all kinds of new stuff on the game.

Well, gotta go........

(work calls)
Old 11-13-2002, 10:19 AM   #7
Sael

Sael is on a distinguished road
Angry

Sael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 09:56 PM   #8
SongofTwilight

SongofTwilight is on a distinguished road
L...L...Live...wi-wi-without AL?
Play another MUD??

ARE YOU NUTS?

I'm glad someone posted on this. I was getting worried and
lonely. Hmmmm...

And I miss you guys and my frolicing about the OOC chat channel and my only source of decent RP!

- The Wonderful Namir
SongofTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 11:30 PM   #9
dsmmmzk

dsmmmzk is on a distinguished road
message recieved 22:33 nov 13.

LakemenDR: From Lathander:
[19:18] <Lakemen>
[19:18] <Lakemen> I discovered the problem last night. The raid system has failed. Apparently, it has been failing for a while - which is why the system has been having long periods of being "frozen". Basically, its stuck in some sort of loop trying to read/write data.
[19:18] <Lakemen> I'm going to see if I can't save off a backup - since its raid 5, I think that should be possible. However, the machine is currently dead without reconfiguration.
LakemenDR: spread that around will ya?
DSMMMZK: ok
LakemenDR: thx
dsmmmzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 02:18 AM   #10
Renshi Sanmight

Renshi Sanmight is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Well this seems like really good news. I'm not very computer savey but it looks like once they figure out the problem everything should be back to normal. I'll keep checking here to see if there is any new news.
And for anyone that has never tried AL, when it comes back up, you should really check this one out. I don't want to sound like someone that gush's over some mud then when you check it out it's not very difrent then any you have tried before but this game really is diffrent.
Renshi Sanmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:19 AM   #11
Grendal

Thank you Dsmmmzk for that info. Any other info you can get to us would be most appreciative.

I don't know what a raid system is, but I hope it all can be repaired. If the raid system was merely an in game feature that was being worked on, then I understand it's meaning.

I think many would agree with me in saying that even if you have a back-up of AL, in which we all had to make new characters, we all would make new characters to simply be in the AL atmosphere. On the channels, chatting it up.

1/3 of AL was the game itself
1/3 was talking on the channels
and 1/3 was the forum on the web site.

We all lost connection to about 25 other people that usually speak on the channels and reply on the forum web site.

AL has about 200 active accounts, but most do not [chat] or leave endless banter on the forum web site.

I miss you guys (sniff) [I'll kill you all later], but for now I miss your humor, your insanity and I even miss the old Yowie.
He was an Icon at AL and me thinks he's still around, just watching from the bushes like the perverted soul he is.

* raises a glass in a toast. "Here's to hoping that AL is up and running, or even crawling with a broken leg, soon."
Old 11-14-2002, 08:07 AM   #12
Krotho

Krotho is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, if it is what I think it is, a RAID Array is several hard disk drives combined into a single partition. So three 40 gig drives would make a 120 gig drive. And unless you are certain of its stability, it can be extremely dangerous to use. If only one disk goes, all the data on all the disks might be gone.

-Krotho
Krotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 08:29 AM   #13
thelenian

thelenian is on a distinguished road
thelenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:14 AM   #14
Grendal

I'm still on my quest looking around to see if another mud might be able to satisfy my addict like craving while Accursed is down.

I tried Dartmud last night and it has some of the same features as Accursed. I made a nice rounded character and then went out into the world.

I decided to fight a deer.

On Accursed, fighting a deer when you are just starting out can mean certain death. I wanted to see if the same was true at Dartmud.

In true life or death fighting, I received a phone call, which immediately knocks me off the internet. I talk to a friend for about 10-15 mintues and then I drove out to drop some bills off at the local post office.

I'm thinking, "I'm alive or I'm dead" - no biggie

I get back home and an hour has passed since the fight began. I log back into Dartmud and to my surprise, the fight is still going on.

I check out some help files on combat and learn to swing with both arms. I set my combat allocations and away I went.
Another 15 minutes later and the deer was dead. CHEER !!!

Unfortunately I had nothing on me to skin or buther the corpse.

Ahhhhhh such is life......
Old 11-15-2002, 08:30 AM   #15
xotl

xotl is on a distinguished road
xotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 09:37 AM   #16
thelenian

thelenian is on a distinguished road
Spray painting cats:

Whacking your dog:

Logging onto DartMUD and savagely beating a virtual woodland creature for over an hour with your bare virtual fists.: CHEER !!! (?!?)

There're some things you can only do on a MUD. For everything else, there's criminal prosecution.

(yes, I'm joking)
thelenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 11:30 PM   #17
Grendal

Xotl,

Any estimates on when AL might be up again ?

Are we looking at a few more days, weeks or months ?

Could you also list a web page we can turn to for more info on AL as it comes available ?

Thanks

- Grendal -
Old 11-16-2002, 12:50 AM   #18
xotl

xotl is on a distinguished road
I'll provide a time estimate as soon as we have a plan on how to arrange for the cash and time required to fix the machine.

I don't own an offsite bulletin board system. If someone could mail the site admin and politely petition for an AL forum in that might work well.

Xotl
xotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 01:13 PM   #19
Alice

Alice is on a distinguished road
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote

Accursed Lands - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accursed Lands - Where did it go? Almondine War MUD Announcements 4 07-21-2005 02:04 PM
Accursed Lands Zaq Advertising for Players 0 02-17-2005 09:34 AM
Accursed Lands Grendal Advertising for Players 7 12-01-2003 11:43 PM
At Accursed Lands you could win... The Vorpal Tribble Advertising for Players 0 11-20-2003 12:11 AM
Accursed Lands Grendal Advertising for Players 1 09-23-2002 06:06 PM