Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Coding
Click here to Register

Old 10-15-2005, 03:46 PM   #1
Yairio

Yairio is on a distinguished road
I'm at the library at the moment, and I have decided to begin on the journey, of which I've heard is long and hard, of learning to code. In C++. I'm looking for a good book on learning C++. At the moment I'm holding a book titled, "Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days." It is a very large book of over 750 of pure teaching with about 150 extra pages in the back for quiz answers and index, which I'm used to - I enjoy reading, so it isn't some 100 page book saying it is the 'best book for learning C++'. The library doesn't seem to have C++ for Dummies. Has anyway come across this book?
Yairio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #2
Kylotan

Home MUD: Abattoir (Smaug)
Home MUD: ex-Jellybean (Smaug)
Home MUD: ex-Dark Chambers (Merc)
Kylotan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Kylotan Send a message via AIM to Kylotan Send a message via MSN to Kylotan Send a message via Yahoo to Kylotan
It's a common book; lots of people will have heard of it. Was that all you wanted to know? It's ok, for what it is. However, few people got to be good at coding without either a variety of advanced books or proper education in the matter, so be prepared for a long ride if you want to be good at it.
Kylotan is offline   Reply With Quote

C++ Books - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Books that never made it to MUD Sanvean Tavern of the Blue Hand 20 10-19-2003 06:56 PM