Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Roleplaying and Storytelling
Click here to Register

Old 05-20-2003, 12:24 PM   #21
Alaire

Name: Lisa
Home MUD: The Southlands
Alaire is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Alaire Send a message via AIM to Alaire
Basically you have to be willing to ban people that don't fit the playstyle you're looking for.

That means, you won't have the numbers. That means you won't have 500 players on line. But hopefully, what it also means, is that you will have a group of people that -really enjoy- playing your game in the vision that you have for it. In fact, I've found that most fanatical supporters of muds tend to be of those who play games with strict rp standards. It's the same old quantity over quality debate that we go over time and time again.

Are you willing to be happy with 20 people logged on at peak times? Then by all means, be restrictive. It's made my mudding experience so much more enjoyable overall.

Once you look at your mudding experience beyond the 'game' and look at the story, accepting anyone who tries to make a character will not work. Plain and simple. Some say that's elitest. *shrug* I don't think that's a bad thing.
Alaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 12:57 PM   #22
Keljorian

Keljorian is on a distinguished road
I found this posting from the begining a bit amusing. For the main fact that no matter what you do there is always going to be stuff like that happening guys. If I got killed and I had 10 friends that were in my same clan I would deff ask for them to go after them for revenge. If you decided to make it so they can only use in char stuff then you have them rping it out which gives the same results only it's not illegal. There is no 100% way to silence the chit-chat amongst players, in fact I encourage it, the more people you know and become friends with the less you will have to worry about. Unless your character which unlikely is the opposite of how you act. I also see taking out certain channels like ooc is a bad idea, because alot of players I know on my mud love to use ooc like in all RoT, RoM, Circle, and various other coded rpg's.
Keljorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 07:10 PM   #23
Frostflower

Frostflower is on a distinguished road
Frostflower is offline   Reply With Quote

ooc cheating - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Materia Magica's cheating ways the_logos Tavern of the Blue Hand 125 09-22-2014 10:38 AM
Cheating allegations... Molly MUD Administration 19 11-01-2004 07:15 PM
Voting Policies?  Cheating Rundvelt Bugs and Suggestions 111 06-21-2004 07:08 AM
More cheating eh? the_logos MUD Administration 32 05-28-2004 11:31 PM
Ages of Despair...cheating Andris Tavern of the Blue Hand 24 12-29-2003 08:25 AM