Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > Legal Issues
Click here to Register

Old 01-22-2003, 05:16 AM   #1
yagiska

yagiska is on a distinguished road
I recently found out that a company, who I had previously entered into commercial negotiations with over the licensing of a multiuser environment engine I had written (and whose name shall remain Unwritten here, except in Legends down the road ::ahem: had stolen the source code from my development computer, and is now attempting to pass off my work as their own.

After sitting down and reviewing my options for revenge, I decided I would maintain a strictly legal approach. My first instinct was to file a lawsuit, but I fear that may be out of the question, as I question what damages I could collect from a company with no money. However, I can not simply stand idly by and watch a company attempt to profit from my stolen hard work, especially when that company was given an opportunity to obtain the rights to use that work legally.

So, I have finally settled upon a solution I feel might sufficiently burn the behinds of those who have wronged me. I am going to do the only thing to do, make the product 100 times better, and give it away for free.

Currently, I am wrapping up the final stages of development on the engine. There remains some testing to do, and much documenting. I have indeed made the product 100 times better, possibly 200 times better. Maybe even 250 times better.

For those of you who may have an interest in developing on a windows engine, look here for more information in the near future, including a URL.

And it bears repeating, when the product is finished, I will grant a non-commercial license to use the product, for free, to anyone who is interested (excluding the previously unmentioned company of course).

In the near future,

Kris
a.k.a YagiSka
a.k.a. Stofelese
yagiska is offline   Reply With Quote

Windows Engine - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any news about the search engine for commercial/no Sinuhe Tavern of the Blue Hand 86 02-16-2006 01:49 PM
RPI Engine Now Available! Traithe MUD Announcements 7 12-15-2004 04:56 AM
New Mud Engine in C# bbg Advertising for Players 2 11-27-2004 11:07 AM
New Engine stofelese MUD Announcements 0 12-07-2003 12:42 PM
Custom Engine Project Seeks Talent Azeroth Advertising for Staff 0 08-01-2003 12:18 PM