Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Administration
Click here to Register

Old 07-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
6Dragons

Home MUD: telnet://6dragons.org:4000/
6Dragons is on a distinguished road
Custom Dragon skills/spells

Greetings,

I am looking to replace some of the spells/skills we currently have with dragons. I would like help with a brainstorming of ideas on it. What spells/skills have you always dreamed a dragon should have on a mud, but did not have it, or what skills should they have as a must...

We have quite a few custom ones already, but I what I am looking for is custom based on the color of the dragon. The dragon colors we have are: blue, red, black, gold, and silver. Black dragon spells/skills should be different then gold, etc. Granted all dragons get breath weapons, talon attacks, and a tail like attack, but each color should have different special skills/spells.

I should mention the affinity/breath weapons of our color dragons is different then dungeons and dragons. Our blue dragons affinity water/ice. Red dragons smoke/fire, black dragons are shadow/death, gold dragons are holy/divine, and silver steel/titanium.

Please do post your ideas in response here, if they are decent I will surely use them.

Thanks,

Vladaar
6Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Custom Dragon skills/spells

You might find this thread of interest:

Here is the list of dragon powers and talents I eventually came up with:

The Treasure Hoard power is particularly thematic, in my opinion, while the Dragon Barding power provides a nice alternative for those who prefer wearing equipment. I also like the idea of supporting such a wide variety of dragons and dragon-like creatures, such as wyverns, serpents, hydra, oriental dragons - or even more exotic variations such as dracoliches and Quetzalcoatl-like feathered serpents.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
shasarak

shasarak is on a distinguished road
Re: Custom Dragon skills/spells

Blue: breathe underwater, create ice barriers, freeze water for non-flying companions to walk across, summon rain/hail (which might damage a fire elemental or extinguish torches at night), turn earth/soil/dirt to mud, resist frost.

Red: fiery projectiles, barriers of flame, obscure vision with smoke, evaporate rivers and lakes, resist fire.

Black: invisibility and/or hide in shadows, become intangible, drain life, possibly necromantic things (like animating zombies).

Gold: turn/dispel undead, create light, healing (or various curative powers, e.g. curse disease or poison), summoning of angelic beings.

Silver: warp or reshape armour and weapons to make them unuseable or create defensive barriers, deflect arrows, enhanced natural armour and weaponry compared to other colours.
shasarak is offline   Reply With Quote