Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 03-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
sneakbob

sneakbob is on a distinguished road
ex mudder turned wikipedia editor

Hello Top Mud Sites,

I found this site while I was checking the references on a Wikipedia article on MUDs. My main interest is as a Wikipedia editor (my username is Wikianon) trying to improve the existing articles. I will probably just browse the forum and mud lists, but can anyone point me to where the mud reviews are? Some mud descriptions state "reviews welcome" but |I could not find any. A little bit about myself: I am over 40, started working with computers in the early 1980s (IBMs, then minis, then micros), played only one online game in the mid 1990s (one of the first on WorldsAway when it launched on Compuserve) and only one in the 2000s (the text-based Tolkien-based The Two Towers), have not played anything for 3 years but retain an intellectual curiosity about how MUDs and MUSHes develop. If anyone is interested I can post my 10 year-old recollections of WorldsAway, or my 3 year-old recollections of T2T!

Signing off for now, - Wikianon

PS: Since TMC admin told me the wikipedia Aardwolf article was deleted last year, I've started a draft with hopefully better notability assertions here:

- it still needs solid cites from 1997 to 1999.
sneakbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Re: ex mudder turned wikipedia editor

Welcome, Sneak. Reviews are linked from the front page at but I'm pretty sure they've been actively disabled for new reviews for quite some time while the management works on a new and improved approach to handling reviews.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum! Browse as much as you want, but Do Not Feed The Moderators. Apart from me. Me, you can feed as much as you like. I AM THE COOKIE MONSTER! Although at the moment I prefer Kit-Kats. Particularly the mint and cappucino ones.

I believe Brody is correct in saying reviews are disabled at the moment whilst the site admin, Lasher, works on a new system. There's been a few discussions about it in other parts of the forum such as . Feel free to add your 2 cents!

If you have any nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons, please donate them to my newly-formed Let's Annoy The CIA Fund. I bet they read this. Or will they? STOP WATCHING ME!!!
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #4
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about

Welcome, Sneakbob!

I'm always interested in good reads, so post away.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote