Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 08-19-2006, 11:52 PM   #1
Bethaene

Bethaene is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I am currently seeking to relocate to a professional working atmosphere in an accredited MUD as a Creative Consultant, Builder, and/or Player Relations. You may view my resume online at . There you will find information about me and my experience as both a participant and a worker in the field of MUD Development. I look forward to hearing from you.
Bethaene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:59 PM   #2
Baram

Home MUD: Tears of Polaris
Baram is on a distinguished road
Good luck.
Baram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #3
Fern

Fern is on a distinguished road
It sounds like you have a tremendous background and experience to offer the right place. I hope you find a situation worthy of your talents and expectations.

I would have liked to read some of the writings referenced on your website, but the links do not appear functional.  If this changes in the near future, please let me know.

Thanks,
Fern
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:05 AM   #4
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #5
Bethaene

I'm sorry the links on my page weren't working. They should all be working now, including my on-line novels. Thanks again for your input and support, and for taking the time to read my post.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #6
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
If you're looking for employment on a commercial MUD, you should probably send them your resume rather than post it on a forum and your website alone.  The vast majority of games on this site are not commercial after all.

If you're just looking to join the staff of a MUD, you should probably play the game in question for a while before making such a request.  Most games, at least those that are of any reasonable quality, want an assessment of your abilities and your familiarity with their game before taking you on staff.  

Newly developed or developing games may possibly consider you but would probably want more information on your knowledge than that which is provided in a typical resume.  For example, before my staff considers anyone new, we request not only the information you've provided on your resume, but samples of their work and their familiarity with the setting of our game.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #7
Lanthum

Lanthum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanthum
The online novels are still not working. On the second two, a blank page loads. The Canvas novel brought up a page with a short description and a broken link to a photo, but the "next page" was also a broken link. Just so you are aware.

Since your resume doesn't explain much more than places you worked and titles, I would have liked to have been able to read some and see more of your talents. If you get those links fixed, maybe post back here.

Also, what do you consider an "accredited" mud. As there are not any certificates or companies that do that to my knowledge - what do you mean. Which leads me to ask, what are you looking for in a mud? What kind of setting, or theme?

These questions should help some of us understand a little better what it is you are looking for.
Lanthum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #8
cratylus
Banned

cratylus is an unknown quantity at this point
I, too, am very curious about what an "accredited mud" is.

-Crat
cratylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:53 AM   #9
Toraux

Toraux is on a distinguished road
I dont think accredits muds......
Toraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #10
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
I suspect she was using the term 'accredited' informally, likely to indicate that she wants an established MUD, not a download-DIKU-and-slap-it-online MUD.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #11
Bethaene

Hello everyone,

Yes, I did use the term "accredited" informally. I also used it formally as well, as commercial muds do have the ability to incorporate EOE terms as well as non-discriminatory terms set by the government.

When I said accredited for non-commercial MUDs, I meant a MUD that has produced an original story line and didn't simply just slap a ready-to-play copy of a former MUD up and called it finished. I find those types of MUD dangerous at the most and unprofessional at the least. My own opinion, mind you.

As far as my website, I had thought that I had put a warning up prior to sending the reader to the novels that described the adult material the reader my come across, but I received a "friendly" e-mail from an out-raged mother who had much to say about posting on-line novels that contained graphic material.

So in order to protect my work and myself, I've had to place a warning for Fires Over Denver and remove Street Shadows until I can thoroughly make sure I give an adequate warning that will provide insight to the non-adult audience. It is sad, but it is also the law.

Sincerely,
Michelle M. Ko'Pan

Experienced Builder and Consultant Looking for MUD - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are you experienced? Brody Roleplaying and Storytelling 25 02-17-2010 03:04 PM
Now Hiring Head Builder, Asst. Head Builder, etc Sytar Advertising for Staff 0 08-23-2006 02:57 AM
Experienced Circle Builder Looking For A Home Audaeus Advertising for Staff 0 03-02-2005 07:03 AM
Experienced Admin/Builder Looking for New Project Azeroth Advertising for Staff 0 03-08-2003 12:34 PM
Experienced Admin/Builder Looking For a New Job! Azeroth Advertising for Staff 0 03-07-2003 02:42 PM