Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 11-20-2004, 05:15 PM   #1
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Many of you are probably familiar with Penny Arcade (), one of the most popular web comics around. Last year, Gabe and Tycho, the guys who do Penny Arcade, started a charity called Child’s Play () that asks gamers to donate toys and money to the Seattle Children’s Hospital. This year, they’ve expanded to include a number of other Children’s Hospitals as well. The secondary goal of Child’s Play is providing the media with an opportunity to present gamers in an unequivocally positive light, which is good for us all.

So, a small group of us that run commercial text MUD or text MUD-related businesses have gotten together to pledge money to Child’s Play. So far we have:

* Iron Realms is pledging 5% of sales between now and Xmas.
* Mongoose Online Entertainment (Join the Saga) is pledging 5% of sales between now and Xmas.
* Mudconnector is pledging 10% of its revenue for December.
* Wolfpaw Services is pledging 5% of its sales between now and Xmas.

They’ve put our logos on the Partners page on the Child’s Play site, but incorrectly listed Mudconnector’s pledge as 5% rather than 10%.

I would -love- to see more text MUDs pledging money this season to Child’s Play. It really is a great charity and, frankly, it’s decent publicity for text MUDs. I’d love to see as many additional text MUD-oriented MUDs, businesses, whatever pledge as well. If you’re interested, please let me know and I’ll make sure they put your logo on their Partners page. I’m also hoping that if we get enough text MUD companies to donate, Penny Arcade will give text some publicity. (They get an enormous amount of traffic. Far more than every text MUD-related site combined I believe.)

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 03:37 PM   #2
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
New pledges!

* 5% of sales from now until Xmas from Topmudsites.com
* 25% of sales from now until end of December from Multiuser Roleplay Entertainment ().

Thanks guys!

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote

Child's Play - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW MUD, COME PLAY vendetta Advertising for Players 0 07-23-2006 03:20 PM
Come Play With Us TTTGames-Robert Advertising for Players 5 10-27-2005 10:32 PM
looking for a mud I used to play... surfdaddy Advertising for Players 0 07-28-2005 11:57 AM
Looking to Play?? Myra Advertising for Players 0 09-06-2002 11:48 PM
I think this mud is really fun to play Alley Advertising for Players 0 08-24-2002 01:27 AM