Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 01-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #201
latus

latus is on a distinguished road
Not quite, no.

You stated a few things, which I quoted in my previous post, matter of factly. You even gave statistics (99% and 1%) to back your point up. The fact remains that your "facts" were entirely made up in your own head. Whether they are your opinion or not does not validate them or make it any more acceptable to post them in a manner as to pretend they are facts.

As to replying to "my" bias and subjective statement... which one would that be? The one where I pointed out that a quote was from 1999? I do not believe I made any other posts in the past on these forums.

Once more, if you are going to post something, be smart about it and post things that have some semblance of being rooted in reality.
latus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:23 PM   #202
Hajamin

Hajamin is on a distinguished road
I see nothing wrong with it, but then again I don't make such decisions.

As for your quote, at the time of writing that was 100% correct. When that was written, transfering credits between different players was not possible(yes, you could have someone else buy them in your name, but that was risky for both parties and frowned upon). A few years later that was changed, and with that change came the ability to get to the top of the latter without spending any real money yourself.
Hajamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #203
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye

That's the part from my post that you either did not read, or left out while quoting. It was speaking of everything I had stated beforehand, admitting that it was all subjective and my opinion.

My argument really has nothing to do with the quality of IRE MUDs, once more, so I hate going back and forth on this when it is simply unimportant.

Try responding to the important subject being discussed in this forum, we can all already see that you are defending your own MUD with tooth and nail.

It's unecessary - IRE can use whatever combat system it wants to. However, let's have all games be marked in a helpful way on this resource website, and let's stop with the selective quoting crap.

In the end, these last couple posts just end up making both of us look stupid, and don't help anyone else out at all.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:50 AM   #204
latus

latus is on a distinguished road
I am not defending anything as "my mud." I haven't taken a position either way on any topic except to point out that 1) a quote was from 1999, 2) you are posting your opinions and trying to pass them off as facts.

No doubt you will again respond that I did not quote a certain part of it. I've read your post. I've reread it. I even read the part you just quoted me. It states "this is all opinion" but then goes on to state that many people think the same. An opinion is what -you- think, not what you think others may think. If they do think like you, good, great, they can post it. Don't speak for them.

And honestly, I couldn't care less if IRE advertises itself as a free mud or as a pay-for-whatever mud. Neither of us gets anything out of their advertising, especially not money. The only thing that got me to post was the constant misposting of information.
latus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:39 AM   #205
DonathinFrye

Read the 80+ pages of the two recent threads dealing with this topic - read it carefully. Re-read it. Scratch your head and read it again. You'll see a lot of other players stating the same things that I stated as opinion in the above post.

Simply said, I admitted my opinion was opinion - you're the only one trying to pass it off as being stated as fact. And it's just sort of silly, pointless, and petty.

I won't respond to this issue again.

I am curious what Syno will think of the latest proposed checkbox idea, though.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #206
Sacac

Sacac is on a distinguished road
He isn't a mindbender. He doesn't know what people think, but he can sure have their thoughts as an opinion. However made up those thoughts are. Everyones post, however much fact they have in it, is still opinion when in an arguement about the meaning of a word. IMHO.

Matt is arguing what is "generally accepted" and Frye is arguing the literal meaning. While both having points, even if they are shallow, they are both telling me that they want more description of a mud.

My opinion? Instead of a mud describing itself, Syn can hire, or let some volunteers label muds. I am sure there would be volunteers.

As it is now, everyone exaggerates the qualities of their favorite mud that they like and minimalize the ones they don't. Still in MHO.
Sacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #207
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #208
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #209
DonathinFrye

Thumbs down

I am very eviillll.

The meaning of 'free.' - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free mud hosting ulrik MUD Administration 0 10-23-2005 08:48 PM
Win a free T-Shirt! * Amnon Advertising for Players 0 11-20-2004 09:20 AM
Free mu*d FREE FOR ALL Enola_Phoenix Bugs and Suggestions 10 08-20-2004 08:07 PM
The meaning of "Reviews" Amnon Tavern of the Blue Hand 17 06-02-2003 10:58 AM
Anyone know of any free... Almondine War MUD Administration 5 02-22-2003 08:28 PM