Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 05-19-2002, 04:33 PM   #1
Robbert

Robbert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Robbert Send a message via AIM to Robbert
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
Ike

Ike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ike
Pretty good. But answer me this. How does Anakin become Ben Kenobi with his new golden mechanical arm?

It pretty much foreshadows his transition to Darth Vader.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 11:02 PM   #3
Alf

Alf is on a distinguished road
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 11:29 PM   #4
Synozeer

Synozeer is on a distinguished road
This article makes for an interesting read:

-Synozeer
Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 08:36 AM   #5
Torren

Torren is on a distinguished road
Ok I had to jump into this since I just saw attack of the clones. The memory wipe theory makes since. Ok 3p0 and R2 are seen with Leia in episode IV even though she doesn't own them as 3p0 states to Luke in episode IV when R2 goes on about being owner of BEN. Now when Padme becomes pregnate with the twins she runs and hides. Meets Baal at some time has the kids and decides to seperate them. Now she has 2 tag along droids. Well smartest thing to do is to wipe thier memoies and give 3po a nice gold suit. Kinda like the witness protection program for droids. and since most Astromechs look alike in the R2 model only a memory wipe would be sufficent for R2. Now lets say Padem give luke to Obi-wan and tells him that luke has uncle on Tatooine. Obi-wan goes their gives luke to Lars and then basicly spends the rest of his life paying penince for 1) Falling for the Emperors tick even when the truth was revealed to him. and 2) Letting Anikin fall into the darkside. Hey thats heavy burden your actions and inactions got the majority of the Jedi counsel killed and enslaved 99% of the know univerise. Not alot of people can sit back say hey I'll have a bud and forget about it.

Just my thoughts.
Torren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 10:38 AM   #6
Alf

Alf is on a distinguished road
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 01:33 PM   #7
Miyamoto

Miyamoto is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Though your post was intruiging, and somewhat funny, and I hate to post against something so creative, I decided there were enough things I disagreed with to do so.

One, you take a few things too literally.  Just because Ben says 'Your father wanted you to have this' does not mean Vader said, 'Ben, when my son becomes a legal       and able to carry concealed weapons, would you give him this?'.  More likely, Ben keeps Vader's lightsaber (after the volcano fight, or some other time, it doesn't matter) and says the 'wanted you to have this part' to keep from having to reveal the truth about Vader and Anakin (that they're the same person, not victim and murderer).

The Emperor saying 'the son of skywalker' instead of 'your son'?  Well, folks, if I remember correctly, this quote is from the SSD contact near Hoth, and the script hadn't revealed the father-son relationship yet.  That's not mindgames, that's good writing.  Let's just give away the big surprise in the movie so paranoids won't latch onto it as proof that the entire series is backwards.

Your point about Obi-Wan the famous general not retiring to a dustball is moot and unbased.  You say Anakin would be at home, watching over his son, well, Ben is at home, watching over his charge.  Many people, in book and discussion, believe Obi-Wan and Yoda deliberately chose to hide Luke on Vader's homeworld, with the same last name, with a family he knew, as bait.  Obi-Wan waited in the shadows, watching over Luke as he grew and waiting to see if he drew Vader's attention.

The whole C3-PO thing... I hated him in Episode II.  I don't want to spoil, but that's exactly what he did to me.  Everything JarJar ever was, 3PO became.  One line groaners and puns.  Slapstick comedy.  'What did I do?  I just want to go hoooome!'  You said he should recognize Obi-Wan, Alf, but I think you have Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon mixed up.  Obi-Wan stayed on the ship the whole time on Tatooine in Episode I, except to load supplies.  C3PO never went on the ship, he stayed at Anakin and Shmi's house.  C3PO would know Qui-Gon, Anakin, Artoo, Padme, and JarJar, but no one else from that movie.

Anyways, I think I had to more to say, but I can't remember it.  The basic line I hold to is, Anakin is the one going over to the darkside, killing Tuskan's, resenting his master, and admiring Palpatine/Sidious.  Obi-Wan hasn't shown any sign of the darkside.
Miyamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 11:24 AM   #8
Alastair

Alastair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alastair
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 11:45 AM   #9
TG_Nek

Angry

Also, another thing a few people have missed out on,
I don't think Anakin even knew he had kids up until he met
Luke.  Wasn't it said some place that the kids were scurried
away before Vader knew they were born?

"So, you have a sister...."

As for Kenobi's line about Luke's father wanting him to have it
when he was old enough, *shrug*  Still have another movie
to go.  Maybe when Kenobi finds out about the trysts and
wedding they have a conversation in which Anakin
hypothesizes they'll have kids that will shame the Jedi in their
power and he'll give his saber to his son.

Anyway, just my two cents.  I'm still of the mind Kenobi is
Ben, Ani is Vader, and Luecas likes raping my childhood with
this travesty of a prequel.

Windu v Fett.  Yeah, like that would've gone down the way it
did after seeing the scrapping Fett gave Kenobi.  Fett got
chumped.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:45 PM   #10
LikitaRenn

LikitaRenn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LikitaRenn Send a message via AIM to LikitaRenn Send a message via MSN to LikitaRenn
Lightbulb

LikitaRenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 04:20 AM   #11
Alastair

Old 05-22-2002, 04:26 AM   #12
Alastair

Thumbs down

Well, I saw AOTB.

Robbert, you're completely and utterly wrong on all counts. The person who turned into Darth Vader is in reality Georges Lucas.

To spew out such a ****ty movie at his dedicated fans is clearly proof he's gone over to the dark side.

Attack of the Bore even manages to have me forgive JJB in the Phatom Menace.

:ukes::
Old 05-22-2002, 05:58 AM   #13
bhamv

bhamv is on a distinguished road
I agree with most sentiments here, that is a very well developed theory, and certainly very interesting. However, I have one point to make about your post.

Yoda DID, in fact, train Obi-Wan Kenobi. This is explained not in the movies, but on the Star Wars website and in the Visual Companion book for Attack Of The Clones. Children are meant to first begin their Jedi training at age 3-4 (might vary according to alien species, but 3-4 is the human equivalent). They start at such a young age because firstly the path to becoming a Jedi is long and hard, and an early start is needed, and secondly because younger children do not have the preconceptions and detrimental emotions already present, such as hate and anger.

This sort of training is done by - you guessed it - Yoda. A scene is visible in AOTC when Obi-Wan visits Yoda while the old Jedi master is training the Bear Clan. According to the visual companion, after children graduate from the basic training at age 9-10 or so, they are assigned to a Jedi knight or a Jedi master as padawan learner.

In part this explains why the Jedi council was so reluctant to allow Qui-Gon Jinn to train Anakin in episode 1. Qui-Gon was suggesting Anakin's basic training from ages 3-10 be skipped entirely. It's like having a kid skip school up to 6th grade and expect them go go right into junior high.

So in conclusion, Yoda DOES train Obi-Wan, and Obi-Wan's statement on Hoth was accurate. He was trained by Yoda when he was a child.
bhamv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:31 AM   #14
TG_Nek

*blink*

People didn't get that?
Old 05-22-2002, 03:00 PM   #15
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
Re: SW theory.

Saw a news broadcast wherein Lucas said Anakin becomes Darth Vader in episode III (not that this is really news or anything).  So, is this misdirection?  The truth?  Who knows?

However, I liked ep II, regardless of everyone's criticisms.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 10:20 AM   #16
Koryon

Koryon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Koryon Send a message via MSN to Koryon
Koryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 04:02 PM   #17
Soup_Nazi

Soup_Nazi is on a distinguished road
*Robbert*

Ok im not goin to sit here and pick your theory to peices cause u do have do have some grounds to stat what u have. But *SOME* is the key word here, Ok im goin to go through your Post and tell you why ( I think ) you are wrong.

( dont get me wrong im not trashing you in anyway, it is Just my opinon )

The reason I have a negitive out-look on this whole Anakin-Ben, Ben-Anakin thing is that your whole defence is build on a avidience you have made-up, you have twisted and munipulated the whole idea to suit your theory.  

For Example ----->

Well first off the reason he has not heard that name in a long time is because he has not seen any other jedi for years he is hiding from Vader, why use his jedi name if they are branded as out-laws, going as Ben seems safe to me on an Imperial run planet. And whats a better place to hide then Tatooine, Just like Obi-Wan say himself  ---->

" A haven for people who do not want to be found " .

Did yea ever think maybe that Anakin never wanted to give this saber to Luke, or it wasnt even his fathers but Kenobi's; it was just Obi-Wan trying to erge Luke to come with him to Alderan, just like Kenobi grunts ---->

" Im getting way to old for this stuff "

Yes this is true but as you know what Jedi could be more powerful then the *The one to bring balance*. But we dont know what happens after death for Jedi maybe they go to plane of existeice more powerful the the one they are in now, I think he is simple stating that he will not die if he is struck down he will just go to the next stage of jedi evolution. ( yes this is as far fetched as your theory, but if u have played Jedi Knight for Computer, it has basis )

Yoda did train Obi-Wan in a sence, and there is proof of this. First thing frist, you got the "Quote Wrong" In Ep.5 Kenobi Clearly states "You will go to the Dagobah system. There you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who *Instructed* me." not taught. After the tragic death of Qui-Gon and the sudden out-burst of Kenobi to defeat the Sith Lord Maul, Obi-Wan was at a point where he was lost, and like every Jedi when they are in need they go to Yodo the most wises jedi in the galaxy, and as we see at the end of Ep.1 Yoda and Kenobi are talking with each other. With the word "Instructed" branded into that line there is good evidence for what i am saying, And as you must know the councel *Instructs* all the Jedi, and who is one of the heads of the order, YODA, so Obi-Wan was right in saying what he did.

This gives my theory more evidence, as i stated in the first part of my post.

I dont know if this is true, but if in fact if it does look more like the saber used in Ep.1, then it has pesedence.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Never Retires as we find out in Ep.4 when he goes to Alderian to help the rebellion stop the dreaded Imperial Death Star. And the point you make about Kenobi living in the Outer-Rims, is mislead to, the reason he goes to Tatooine to live in the Dune Sea is to make sure he wont be found by Vader.

Ok this is just a wild-stab in the dark on your behalf, come on man that is really weak, but like i said before im not saying u are dumb for saying this, It takes brains to come up with a theory like that.

------------------------------------------------------------

And the Republic Logo, and the Imperial Logo are the same. And it makes sence that they are, The army and planet never change, the only thing to change is government, and when Jar Jar *shakes head* gives direct control to the Superem Chanslore (palaptine in this case) gets direct control over the army and senate, there for removing the Jedi Order and taking control of the army for his own benifet, in this case Making the Imperial Empire. This is why the Logos stay the same.
Soup_Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 05:19 PM   #18
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
Also, didn't anyone else notice the part in Ep II where Anakin and Obi-wan walk in to the bar? Obi is semi-chastising Anakin and then says, "I swear one day you'll be the death of me." Obviously, this is a joke referencing Ep IV when Darth kills Obi in front of Luke.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote

Star Wars theory - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For you Star Wars fans prof1515 Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 06-28-2006 07:28 AM
Star Wars: Tides of Rebellion Regreath Advertising for Staff 0 08-17-2005 12:01 AM
Star Wars: Uprising MUSH Tarison Advertising for Players 0 01-31-2005 08:29 PM
Star Wars: New Beginnings Needs Coders! afrofogg Advertising for Staff 7 01-06-2005 06:56 PM
Star Wars: The Hunters Network LenanMiader Advertising for Players 0 11-12-2002 01:12 PM