Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 04-04-2004, 08:24 PM   #1
Iticus

Iticus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Iticus
Galactic Rising is a MUD of an almost imfamous nature. It has had a rocky history, but it has survived. Brutal immortals, harsh role play situations, and crappy servers have all tried to destroy the creation known as Galactic Rising, but none have succeeded. The brainchild of Sean Stoves. otherwise known as Solao, this MUD is one of the few remaining SWR 1.0 muds. Of course, don't fool yourself into thinking its stock. It's far from it. This MUD has been in development for many years, the only pause from this development being a rather long hiatus during 2002. The coding of Sean Stoves and various other immortals, including Melfice, Vesper (retired), Blave, and Keirath, has caused the mode to nearly explode with new features.

"Why would I want to join a MUD that has already been established?" you may ask, "How could I affect the game world?" Well, you are in luck. By a vote, we decided to hold a player wipe. In fact, this pwipe took place just within the past few days, and there has been only one avatar so far. "The pwipe was initiated by vote?" you may ask, puzzled. You see, Galactic Rising is unique in the fact that it is run as a democracy. All major decisions, including rules, pwipes, and various other issues, are voted on by the player base. There is no single 'owner', though Sean Stoves (Solao) is considered the leader, the game is run by a council. This council consists of members either chosen directly by the council itself, or who were voted in by the players. That's right, a player vote can make someone an immortal. Also, immortals can be impeached by player vote.

I'm not telling you to play. I believe I've given you enough reason to check it out. I mean, what do you have to lose?

address :galacticrising.wolfpaw.net
port: 1600

I hope you see you there!

-Iticus
Iticus is offline   Reply With Quote

Star Wars: Galactic Rising - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For you Star Wars fans prof1515 Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 06-28-2006 07:28 AM
Star Wars: Tides of Rebellion Regreath Advertising for Staff 0 08-17-2005 12:01 AM
Star Wars: Uprising MUSH Tarison Advertising for Players 0 01-31-2005 08:29 PM
Star Wars: The Hunters Network LenanMiader Advertising for Players 0 11-12-2002 01:12 PM
Star Wars theory Robbert Tavern of the Blue Hand 17 06-02-2002 05:19 PM