Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 09-22-2003, 10:21 PM   #1
Mierza

Mierza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mierza
Star Wars: Shattered Equinox is currently accepting applications for immortal staff. Positions available are as follows:

Builders
<ul>[*]Neophyte builders are newbie imms. Their task is to pass through the immortal training academy (which I will finish soon). Then they must demonstrate their skills by completing a prototype area before being allowed to progress on to another job. [*]Prototype builders focus on completing prototype area's. Ie, new planets, new area's to be connected, etc. They work on one area at a time, whatever the size.[*]Implementing builders will focus on already installed area's, building things like ships, custom bases/houses/offices, droids, custom RP items, etc. They also handle flags/furniture installs. [*]Ship builders are responsible for building star wars space ships from top to bottom, including custom requested ships from mortals. Experience is a must for this position.[/list]
Mortal Relations:
<ul>[*]MR Helper is a title given to those immortals who make themselves available to help newbies learn the game, and who help all players in general with skills/general advice.[*]Quest Hosts are immortals that work on hosting either large quests, or who simply go to lone mortals or small groups and interact with them by using the recho/switch commands.[/list]
We are not currently accepting RP Admin, we do not believe in strict RP monitoring. However, since we are PK restricted, administrators handle any relevant authorizations. Please do not ask for a RP admin position.

We are also not accepting administrators as this trusted position is recruited from within the ranks. Anyone wishing to help contribute code must speak with Caspian (caspian@shatteredequinox.com)

Experience is NOT necessary for immortals wishing to apply for a building position, as thorough training is provided. All successful builder applicants will be first employed as neophyte builder for an initial trial period, and for training.

Anyone applying for a mortal relations helper must have adept knowledge of our game system, and a polite and friendly manner.

Applicants for a Quest Host position must either have knowledge of the Star Wars Universe, or be willing to research relevant material. They must be well written with good grammar and spelling, as well as creative. Experience IS preferred.

NOTES:

<ul>[*] Our code is based on SWR/SWRIP/SMAUG with modified features.[*] All immortals are expected to attend a few hours weekly, minimum. [*] You may apply for several positions at the same time, aslong as you are capable of handling all jobs should you be accepted.[*] Team work, respect, and a good level of maturity are expected of all immortal staff that are hired.[*] Do not bother to apply if you're only interested in a position for POWER rather than EXPERIENCE. Being part of the staff on SWSE means you are there for the MUD and not for yourself alone.[/list]
If you are still interested, here's how to apply:

Prepare an application that includes:
<ul>[*] Your name.[*] The name of your proposed immortal.[*] A valid contact email.[*] The position/s you wish to apply for.[*] A brief description of what you can offer our MUD.[*] Any relevant experience/comments.[/list]
Submit your application to .

Feel free to visit or connect to sw.shatteredequinox.com (or IP 82.146.56.206) port 6666 to have a look around.

(Please note that we are under-going a change of administration staff and a player-wipe which should be completed by the 1st October 2003.)

Regards,

Paia
Head Administrator

(Edited for the addition of detailed information, and better formating.)
Mierza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 08:16 AM   #2
Mierza

Mierza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mierza
My appologies,

Unfortunately I'm not yet on the mailing list of -I've only recently been appointed this position, and I know that there have been quite a few responses.

I'll be receiving access within the next few days, and I appologize again for any 'late' replies. I am usually quite prompt.

If you wish for an earlier response, feel free to re-send your application to

Thank you.
Mierza is offline   Reply With Quote

Star Wars: Shattered Equinox - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For you Star Wars fans prof1515 Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 06-28-2006 07:28 AM
Star Wars: Reach of the Empire DariusROE Advertising for Players 0 04-10-2005 01:49 AM
Star Wars: New Beginnings Needs Coders! afrofogg Advertising for Staff 7 01-06-2005 06:56 PM
Star Wars: The Hunters Network LenanMiader Advertising for Players 0 11-12-2002 01:12 PM
Star Wars theory Robbert Tavern of the Blue Hand 17 06-02-2002 05:19 PM