Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 03-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #61
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for an RPI, where the 'I' stands for "Immersive"

I would like to thank you Jazuela. Your post is very candid. Because it is similar to a review of a game and because the reviews are virtually shut down I will not respond to the comments other than to say the staff at NW appreciates feedback in whatever form.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #62

newbie is on a distinguished road

I'll start by stating, Slating NewWorlds is my job.

You've also given the impression that you did little more than, look at the website and spent very little time logged in. Infact your only refference to being logged on was reading helpfiles.

Are you slating the Mud or the website,

As for the Custom, Custom LP argument.

LP muds are based on drivers and codebases on top they're a two part affair, The Drivers an LP driver the mudlibs custom.. so given its a Custom Mudlib, I fail to see how 'custom' is an inaccurate term.

Your quarms seem less in regards too the mud but more of what the game shows on its website in way of very outdated and old log files... and a ingame help system!

Splendid Review.
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:43 AM   #63
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough

I agree, and I have been saying this for a long time.

What the RPI people mean by RPI is "Armageddon/Harshland Feature Set." Prof says they are all derived (in feature set) from those 2, so why not accurately categorize them based on those 2? Then you have a proper name and not a generic name.

Why not ARP (Armaggedon RP), or AHRP (Armaggedon Harslands RP), or RPA (Role Play, Armaggedon style), or anything of that nature. Then you have a term that nobody else can lay claim to, because you are referring to a specific origin and therefore a specific feature set.

"Role Play Intensive" simply doesn't imply anything related to what the RPI folks are actually using the term for. They have a basket of features they like and they really need a non-generic term for it that doesn't reek of elitism and superiority.

I won't even get into the fact that hyperventilating over some light or demanding that every say be directed at a specific person sounds like horribly over-acted, dreadful community theater. It reminds me of when I was playing an "official" RPI one time and I stumbled upon someone literally RPing being a blade of grass. Different strokes for different folks and all, but it definitely isn't something to get superior about. See if you don't understand what I mean.

I snipped most of your post, but wow, Jazuela. That was some of the most extreme elitism I've read in a while. I mean, that was Hank Steinbrenneresque. And you wonder why people ACCURATELY label the RPI crowd elitist and snobby? Unbelieveable. That is quite possibly the first time I have ever read a non-troll so openly and brazely trash someone's mud "to their face" in an open forum. That is just beyond the pale and uncalled for.

I don't call any of my MUDs "RPI", and after reading your latest post I would never want to. If it meant someone with that attitude might end up on my MUD, I definitely wouldn't want to risk it.

Last edited by Threshold : 03-17-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote