Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 07-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Deny

Deny is on a distinguished road
Looking for PVP MUD

I have been playing Roman Duels/ Arena for around 5 1/2 years now, and have had a great time playing it and interacting with that community. I would like to know if there are any great MUDS out there that offer PVP as well as have a great community. Although I will keep playing roman duels I am still looking for a new game that will provide that "new game, excitement"! A great community is a must(as Im sure most of you already know) Thanks for the help.

And if any of you are wondering what Roman duels is this is a link to the site:

MY two characters are Tank and Deny, Those will be the names I use in any game =). Thanks again all,

Deny
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for PVP MUD

My choice would likely be God Wars II. They are a pk pvp mud if that is what you are looking for.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #3
nasredin

Name: Boris
Home MUD: ArcticMUD (mud.arctic.org 2700)
nasredin is on a distinguished road

> I would like to know if there are any great MUDS out there that offer PVP as well as have a great community.

Well, I'm not checking topmudsites very often now (my job and other rl issues leave me less and less time for mudding), so my answer is somewhat late, but perhaps you may still be interested in great new places to visit. Or maybe other people that look for pkill and PvP will read this, too.

ArcticMUD is based on Dragonlance theme (DIKU codebase). One of the oldest MUDs, too - on-line since 1992, zillion rooms (the staff says that there are still a few areas that have never been explored) etc. etc.

As to pkill, the only restriction is "Do not pkill others with the sole purpose to ruin their fun", all other types of pkill are allowed. Pkill for eq, pkill for trying to interfere with your zoning, personal vendetta and major clan wars - all that and much more awaits you.

For example, the history of the MUD remembers a clan (the infamous Tarsis SHRINERS) that charged newbies for drinking from the city fountain (or hunted them if they refused to pay).

On the other hand, nobody is defenseless. With some experience and clever tactics, a player can pkill a much higher and stronger adversary, or even a group of them if they get a bit careless.

The pkill logs from Arctic are regularly posted on

ArcticMUD homepage:

The game:
telnet mud.arctic.org 2700

or use your favourite client instead of telnet. FYI, the JMC MUD client was initially developed specifically for ArcticMUD by one of the players.

Take care,
Nasredin

-----
- "Burn in the eternal reboot of Hell, heretic!"

- "Do you believe in MUD after life?"
- "ArcticMUD is my religion. There is life after death!"

Last edited by nasredin : 09-26-2008 at 08:17 AM.
nasredin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
Radyth

Home MUD: War of Legend
Radyth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Radyth

Old thread sure, but if anyone else searching for a mud to kill folks come check out War of Legend.
We're located at waroflegend.net 4200 and our website is at
Radyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough

If you dont give 2 figs about RP, it has to be Godwars II. An astonishing combat system, amazing cusomtisation (demons are great fun), and there is something special about being able to rip the arm / leg off a player and beat them to death with it.

Loads of storage, nice boost system for casual play, alter / fabricate items, create your own home plane, full control of body parts with a nice interweaving system for an all out flurry of stomping, kicking, slashnig with the tail and biting / headbutting, loads of magic weapons, masses of customisation via various methods (demons kill other demons and steal their essense for warping their own body parts).

Get through the ascension stage to godhood and once in the game proper, and you will hooked. I dont generalyl do PvP or non-rp games, but this deserves a special place.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
Isildur

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Isildur is on a distinguished road

I'll recommend Carrion Fields: carrionfields.org 4449.

The classes are balanced. No safe areas. Limited equipment, so your buddy has an extra incentive to wax you. Role-play is enforced. Not possible to purchase any in-game advantages.
Isildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #7
xanan

xanan is on a distinguished road

I've played for about 15 years and nothing has ever come close to the pvp i've experienced there. Try it out if u can handle the extreme pvp environment.
xanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
ReanA

ReanA is on a distinguished road

I'm one of the top-tier fighters in Achaea so naturally I'd recommend Achaea first, but it really isn't for everyone. Achaea tends to appeal to people who like a little bit of RP along with a huge game and a lot of room for imagination and strategy. It's one of those muds where you get what you put in, so if you expect to be entertained just sitting still waiting for something to happen, you're going to be disappointed. The PVP system in Achaea is balanced around dozens and dozens of different afflictions (debuffs) and different types of cures that can be used at different times, and is sort of like playing 6 different games of chess at the same time -- except if you lose or win one game, you lose or win them all.

On the other hand, God Wars II seems to have pretty in-depth PVP and may be more appealing to you if you're looking solely for the experience of sword and shield combat or other really in-depth realistic combat.

Hope you find something you like, MUDding is incredibly fun once you get into it.
ReanA is offline   Reply With Quote